Skip to content

[Request] Non-magical quality weapons

LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
Current behaviour:
A weapon is either cheap and totally nonmagical without any bonus, or expensive and magically at least +1 to thac0 AND damage.

There has been some tweak that introduces non-magical high qualitity weapons from IWD into BG1.
Unfortunately it placed them instead of several +1 weapons, and since there are few enough magical weapons in BG1 I never activated that tweak.

Desired behaviour: Please add nonmagical high quality weapons with a +1 bonus to thac0 (for some 300 GP per piece) in addition to the normal equipment available.
Post edited by Lunever on

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I like the idea. I would like to see more than just a "master craft"equivalent. There are a number of possibilities. Weighted clubs and sharpened blades that do more damage; Barbed arrows that cause a little bleeding; high quality picks that improve open doors, etc.
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    The items already completely exist in IWD, there already exists a tweak that spreads them throughout BG, I would just remove the bit of removing so many +1 magical weapons at the same time. I rather see the quality weapons as something you by early in the game before you can afford to have loads of magical weapons.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    was it just "master craft" (+ 1 to hit) or were there other non magical "enhancements"(heh) like the ones i've suggested? I don't remember iwd 1 well.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Look, BG don't have any overpower weapon as BG2 (Carsomyr, Celestial Fury, Crom Faeyr... etc...) but that doesn't mean that there few magical weapons in BG, in fact after the middle of the gameplay there's a loot of +1 and +2 weapons on the game.

But if i understand you request right, i approve it. The game could really make use of the cold iron weapons as well of the silver weapons. The iron cold weapons already are codded on the game but the engine just don't use them (the only NPC that has a true weaknes to cold iron is Anath, the Werewolf pack leader, in Baldur's Gate 2 shade lord quest. She can only be hit by weapons that are cold iron, what means that Crom Faeyr+5 hit as weapon innefective on her).