Skip to content

[Bug] Unable to sell some items

rderekprderekp Member Posts: 46
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
Expected Behavior: Able to sell most items to merchants

Observed Behavior: Some items non-plot-related seem to be marked as plot, or otherwise unable to sell.

So far I’ve seen:
1) Gems acquired during the Tutorial (Perhaps by Design?)
2) Protector of the Second +2 (Two different sets)
3) Long Sword +1 (Source unknown, but it must be a different item number than the others, as I’ve been able to sell other ones)

I will edit this post if I find more.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2012
    Merchants will buy different things. Usually the same types of items found in their shops.
  • rderekprderekp Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2012
    Jalily said:

Merchants will buy different things. Usually the same types of items found in their shops.

Right, I’ve taken these items to the Friendly Arm, Feldepost’s Inn, Thunderhammer Smithy, and High Hedge without success. I can sell other items (except items which were plot items in the original game) at the appropriate merchants.

EDIT: Also, I think that plot items are usually listed as selling for 0 gp, but these aren’t. I’ll have to reconfirm that when I play tomorrow. :)
    edited December 2012
    After some investigating, all these items come from the Tutorial (or at least use the Tutorial versions as a base) and are marked as unsellable. In fact, the Tutorial items are all unsellable with the exception of Wand of the Heavens. ...Maybe that's the real bug.
    Okay, that makes sense. Though I am pretty sure that the Protector of the Second is not. But maybe I am wearing the one that isn’t and have the other one in inventory. Will double check tomorrow.

Also, I think that Wand may have been stripped when I exported my character. I know some items were. If the items from the Tutorial shouldn’t be taken to the main game, perhaps they should not be exportable?
    Well, a Protector of the Second is in one of the containers in the Tutorial basement.

I agree that these things shouldn't be exportable given their unsuitability for a new game. I'll report it in the bug tracker.
    Okay, I guess I was trying to sell that same set of Protector from the tutorial twice. So my issue is a non-issue. Except for the part where the items probably shouldn’t be exported from the tutorial. :)