Skip to content

The Magma Bulwark +2 Broken

muboshimuboshi Member Posts: 3
edited January 2013 in Fixed
Current Behavior: Gives armor class of 3. Expected Behavior: Give Armor class of 1.

Also, why remove Tamoko and the Full Plate +1?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• whitewhite Member Posts: 6
    This armor is found in the Undercity. In the description it says that it's a +2 armor, but actually it has the properties of a normal field plate.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    It is supposed to be the same as a plate mail, just lighter.
  • whitewhite Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    So the description should be fixed - cause it says AC 1, when actually it's AC 3.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Ok registered. It will be fixed either way.
  • StrayedMonkeyStrayedMonkey Member Posts: 146
    Magma bulwark +2 in the description says Armor Class 1 but when you put the armor on it only does AC 3. Also you can wear it with rings of protection, idk if its suppose to be that way.
  • dethbringredethbringre Member Posts: 18
    Just picked up The Magma Bulwark chest piece. In the item information screen it shows the item has AC: 1. However, when equipped it shows the AC to be 3.

Just letting someone know.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Mine works fine.
  • dethbringredethbringre Member Posts: 18
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpgsavant

check out those pics and see if it makes sense. Unless I'm reading something wrong, its not adding up
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited December 2012
    Merged
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    (...)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    Is this item supposed to be 3 AC, this late in the game? Seem more like it should be 1 AC and added to the list for not allow protection items.

I think this is the case of the item properties being wrong and the description being right.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited March 2013
    @Avenger_teambg

It appears that the Magma Bulwark has been partially fixed (v2014).

It is now considered a Plate Mail +2 and its base AC is 1, however the modifier vs. slashing is wrong. Currently is +1 instead of +3. The description says correctly "Armor Class: 1 (-2 vs. slashing)" and this seams to confirm that the modifier should indeed be +3 (like other magical and non-magical Plate Mail armours).
    @Avenger_teambg please see my post above.

Sorry for the double post, but I've just learned from @Jalily that editing a tag in a post won't send a notification.
    @Avenger_teambg @Jalily @Dee

It looks like the Magma Bulwark +2 (PLAT24.ITM) is still bugged in BGEE 1.2

Observed behaviour: the modifier vs. slashing is inconsistent with the armour description.

Proposed solution: either change the modifier or the description. I would rather change the former for consistency with other plate armours (e.g. PLAT01.ITM).
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Filed another ticket for this one (7073). I agree with changing the modifier.
    Erg
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    v1.0.2012 works awesome, not bugged, but Full Plate Mail gives better modifiers though.