Skip to content

Broken Weapons

This seems to happen often with un-enchanted weapons. Why does it occur and how can one minimize the risk early-game (when there aren't magical weapons aplenty)?

Comments

• milczarpmilczarp Member Posts: 13
    It's due to iron crisis on sword coast. Just keep around some backup weapons. I'm not sure, but it's possible that it stops when you clean Nashkel mine.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Some have reported that Katanas don't break in BGEE, though are rare, possibly the other "oriental" weapons too. BTW magic weapons don't break.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    milczarp said:

It's due to iron crisis on sword coast. Just keep around some backup weapons. I'm not sure, but it's possible that it stops when you clean Nashkel mine.

I'm not sure if the breaking of weapons stops or not, but I'm curious if that is the case. The weapons were already made from the faulty iron, so it would make sense that they would still break (it doesn't make sense that every weapon in the Sword Coast would be effected, but that's a minor issue. Of course, at some point everyone uses an enchanted weapon, so it becomes a mute point.