Skip to content

Wild Magic color change woes

VarilVaril Member Posts: 14
So, wild magic. It's pretty fun(even if the dweomer is basically just there for giggles at these low of levels), and generally it doesn't screw me over too bad.

But it does have little ways of annoying me. Doubling the nearly slain enemies' hitpoints, fine. At least it was current HP and not max, so it isn't like they gained more than 10 or so HP. Random Heal? Hey, at least it hit my guys. Neera has made me a few hundred gold off random things showing up in her pockets.

But did it have to change my main character into bright, flamboyant yellow? Permanently? How am I supposed to look dignified like this? I'm a terrifying master of the most chaotic magic in the world, but my trademark is looking like a lemon.

Maybe if I cast enough spells I'll at least change into a more respectable color...

(Incidentally, this can be fixed using dispel magic, though it might take some tries.)

Comments

• PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Varil said:

(Incidentally, this can be fixed using dispel magic, though it might take some tries.)

Ah, so that's why the D&D inquisition has dispel magic.

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Varil said:

So, wild magic. It's pretty fun(even if the dweomer is basically just there for giggles at these low of levels), and generally it doesn't screw me over too bad.

But it does have little ways of annoying me. Doubling the nearly slain enemies' hitpoints, fine. At least it was current HP and not max, so it isn't like they gained more than 10 or so HP. Random Heal? Hey, at least it hit my guys. Neera has made me a few hundred gold off random things showing up in her pockets.

But did it have to change my main character into bright, flamboyant yellow? Permanently? How am I supposed to look dignified like this? I'm a terrifying master of the most chaotic magic in the world, but my trademark is looking like a lemon.

If you're looking to be dignified, don't play a Wild Mage! :-)
  • VarilVaril Member Posts: 14
    :P How about "alive"? Turns out the wild surge that summons a Pit Fiend is still here, even though we're just in BG1.

(That carrion crawler had it coming, but I totally didn't deserve that.)