My sorcerer any good

Hi guys. I made a sorcerer, didnt want to re roll so its:

STR 10
DEX 14
CON 10
INT 18
WIS 14
CH 16

My party members all have more total points than my main character. I am playing on hard difficulty, is it good enough and do you have some advices? Thanks

Comments

• catfishcatfish Member Posts: 31
    go for at least 14 CON especially on hard
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Your character is fine. A sorcerer doesnt need any stats anyway. Although higher dexterity and constitution would greatly help your character at lower levels.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    CON is a bit low for a mage-type, as they are very weak otherwise! STR is fine, DEX is fine and the rest is all good. Ideal would be 12/18/16/18/10/16 (unless you want better lore in which case higher WIS).

There isn't really any IDEAL unless you roll a REALLY high number, you should be able to do fine with what you currently have honesty.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    catfish said:

go for at least 14 CON especially on hard

I believe you are thinking of 3rd edition rules. 14 CON doesn't provide an HP bonus; 15 grants +1 and 16 grants +2.

• nikolicnikolic Member Posts: 3
    Thank you guys
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited December 2012
    Make an Elf sorcerer with 19 dex, 16 con, and preferably at least 14 strength for increased weight limit, and use darts and slings.

Everything else including INT can be dumped. In BG2 you may want a high wisdom for wish spells, but INT doesnt do anything towards a sorcerers spell casting, and neither does CHA.
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    edited December 2012
    As Mungri pointed out,
    a Sorcerer has no use for Intelligence other than Lore or conversation.
    Make Wis = 18 so you can use the Wish spells effectively in BG2.
    Dex = 18 for a better AC early on in the game (+ you may actually hit something with your sling or darts in the beginning of the game :))
    Con = 16 for better HP which helps early on
    The other stats are negligible to a Sorc.
    edited December 2012
    Dex 19!!! = +1 ranged hit bonus.

Dont make a human Sorc, thats just bad.
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    edited December 2012
    Mungri said:

Dex 19!!! = +1 ranged hit bonus.

Dont make a human Sorc, thats just bad.

But the flavor... :P

• TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    As beneficial it is to cast and attack, I simply can't reconcile the image of an arcane juggernaut, a veritable wellspring of powers both terrible and wondrous, spinning about a laden sling and flinging rocks at people between spells. I imagine the silence between spells to be a calm before a storm, not a warrior exclaiming "Hey, stop it!" as they dance a dodge, hand protecting their rear.
    And then you run out of spells and cant hit anything, do yourself a favor and make sure your mage or sorcerer PC has maximum dexterity, and if you're playing a sorcerer make it an elf.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Or, if you want to play a human sorcerer then please do so, it won't change that much. It is not game breaking to not have max stats, some people just can't/won't play it without them. :)