Skip to content

Creative uses of Charm Person?

Hi - in BGEE Safana comes with the more interesting (and more appropriate) Charm Person innate ability, instead of Charm Animal, I'd like to make the most of this (she's in my evil-oriented party), can anyone suggest some creative uses of Charm Person? If what you're suggested is a spoiler, please tag it as such, though,. Thanks!

Comments

• JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Well, I haven't played loads yet, but she was particular useful when charming back Shar-Teel after the Sirine's had charmed her. I also had her successfully charm Silke, Mulahey, one of the Amazonian bounty hunters and Nimbul ... pretty impressive, I did launch a few Doom's their way from Branwen beforehand. Mulahey was particularly useful as he had about 100 hold persons of which I managed to spam on his kobold summons. One of the Amazonian bounty hunters was useful too, think I charmed the Cleric (there are two Clerics two Thieves right?). So yeah, her special is madly useful this time round, the only issue is she has to walk right up to them which can definitely backfire. I usually have her stealth up to them and if it doesn't work, gulp a potion of invisibility and then go for the backstab.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Charm person is pretty powerful.
    Use it in the bandit tent, the iron throne battle. Heck any battle where you are fighting humanoids
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Does her ability scale at all as she levels? Does anyone know what the saving throwing malus/bonus is for this? Also, when someone is charmed, can you make them drop their equipment - I've heard people mention this, but haven't figure out how to do this.

Good idea to reduce their saves with Doom etc. first.

BTW why is it useful to Charm Nimbul (or even Silke), as he attacks in his own, so it's not like you can get him to attack someone else?

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I mainly use it in combat. Just getting even one enemy among a gang fighting against their own can do wonders.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600

BTW why is it useful to Charm Nimbul (or even Silke), as he attacks in his own, so it's not like you can get him to attack someone else?

Get them to cast magic missile on themselves :)

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012
    @Oxford_Guy

You can have Charmed spellcasters cast their spells at squirrels or what not. Seriously. This is fun.

It's been many years since I played, and I'm just getting reacquainted with the game's nuances. But I distinctly remember that it was possible access the Charmed target's spell bar at the bottom of the screen, and have them change weapons to just fist.

You can also basically set the Charmed enemy up for a massive onslaught. Thief behind him or her prepared to backstab. Mages training disabling spells on the target. The enemy facing and/or flanked by buffed up tanks chomping at the bit to wail away. It depends on what resources you have.

Once you attack the Charm spell ends. But the target is at such a grave disadvantage that they often don't stand a chance.
    Post edited by Lemernis on