Skip to content

Any Penalties to a Lower Wisdom?

Thinking of playing a character with a Wisdom of 6. Any penalties in BG:EE? I know in PnP AD&D a Wisdom below 8 gives you spell save penalties.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Lower saving throws
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    Unless you are playing a cleric, no, no penalties.

In BG2 there is a spell that checks Wisdom, (Limited) Wish, so mages might want to invest in higher wisdom too, but the only general advantages from a high wisdom score are a better lore value (used to identify items without the spell) and a few dialogues (just a handful in the entire trilogy).
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    I think not. These tables seem pretty accurate. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    http://www.playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_Races_and_Stats
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    ajwz said:

Lower saving throws

This was never implemented in any incarnation of Baldur's Gate. I think it was removed from the new manual as well.

The only attribute that affects your saving throws is constitution, and that is only for halflings, gnomes and dwarfs - the short races.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Lore, you get a big fat loss of lore, however it doesn't really matter as it only gives a chance of free identification.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Yeah, wisdom is only useful for a small lore bonus, cleric bonus spells, and Wish spells.