Skip to content

When close the threads - merge the content.

AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
edited June 2012 in Site Resources
@Coriander @DanBoulos @ScottBrooks
Humble request to the moderators.
Please save valuable feedback from both discussions when closing one of them by "merging" all the content into one.
Example:
Original http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/144/restore-hp-after-resting/
Similar, closed http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/902/rebalance-not-nerf-rest
It was a lot of interesting writing by @caruga that will be just buried on the bottom of the forum as this discussion is closed now.

Comments

• carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    Thx for defending me, the mod who closed it and I have already talked about it though. I'd be ok with it staying closed if I could get a chance to figure out how to fix the formatting, it makes it look like I wrote the whole OP and doesn't show the quotations properly. I need to have a look at the raw html to see where I made the error (if, indeed, it is a user error and not a forum bug).

Furthermore if the original thread were to remain the official one I think it should be retitled--the whole reason I created the new thread is because I didn't find a thread related to resting, since the 'original' was not titled as having something to do with that and only really went in that direction with subsequent posts.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    My "divine" modding powers only allow me to close threads (I think >_>).

Its not the best solution, but I can only ask that you guys repost your stuff in the topic that's left open.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Anton There isn't really a clean way to do that, I think it should be up to those that commented in the closed thread to state their opinions in the other thread. It also gives people a chance to rethink their posts. I'm going to leave renaming of threads up to the OP(Note: I said "I")

If there's an issue with a thread being closed, it's totally up for discussion. I've been trying to leave a note at the bottom so you'll know it was me.

Also, you can help draw attention to notable posts by hitting Agree or Insightful.
    My "divine" modding powers only allow me to close threads (I think >_>).

Its not the best solution, but I can only ask that you guys repost your stuff in the topic that's left open.
    Unfortunately I don't have the rights to edit the OP to cut&paste it across, I'd have to add all the formatting in again by hand... Which may be worthwhile, since the original formatting was broken.

I'll place it on my todo list.

My main concern is that people haven't been finding and won't find the other thread because of its unobvious title. My thread seemed to garner as more attention even though the other has been around 18 times as long. I wonder if it went under most peoples' radar (like it did mine), since the topic of resting was a fairly active subject of discussion on the beamdog thread.
    @Anton There isn't really a clean way to do that, I think it should be up to those that commented in the closed thread to state their opinions in the other thread. It also gives people a chance to rethink their posts. I'm going to leave renaming of threads up to the OP(Note: I said "I")
    I wish mods were as discrete about closing threads as changing their titles, then! I'm sure the OP will take note of what you said... I mean, If I send him a PM, and he logs in...
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    I just enabled the Split/Merge plugin, so we should be able to do this much better now.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Thanks, @ScottBrooks! That's a great news.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Awesome!
    edited June 2012
    I just enabled the Split/Merge plugin, so we should be able to do this much better now.
    I don't suppose there is a plugin for CSS? The forum allows you to use html to format posts but the support is incomplete and/or buggy--there are various inconsistencies when I view the same html code inside the forum and as a html file unto itself. And internal stylesheets are unsupported despite it allowing you to specify inline styles.
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    @caruga can you go into more detail as to what you want to do?