Skip to content

Multiplayer Doesn't Work

My friends and I all got this version of the game just because multiplayer was supposed to be fixed. We just wanted an easy way to play this game without people hauling laptops and PCs over to my house because only LAN works.

This is not the case. Multiplayer doesn't work. It is even worse than my original copy of the game.

The list of problems that we have had is nearly endless. Everything has gone wrong. It took us over three hours to get the game so that we could even get into the same server. We're all IT professionals (IT Director, Programmer, Support Technician, etc), so I can only imagine how hard this is for other people.

First off, you can't direct connect, even with all ports forwarded correctly.
You need to install Hamachi in order to even be able to direct connect.
Once you get into the game lobby, you can't see the other players are in the game, or what they type.
Once the game finally DID get started, after several hours of hard work, there are even more problems.
First off, Strength bonuses aren't factored into your THAC0 at all.
Every time we zone, the game crashes. We cannot leave the zone outside of Candlekeep without the game crashing. We have tried for half an hour.
Lag issues are stunning. Often players can't tell where they are or where the other players are.
Disconnects happen constantly. If you CAN get connected, you'll be disconnected.

This is just how far we got before we gave up. Installing our old copies of the game and going to play the classic version.

Comments

• HisshoHissho Member Posts: 1
    Enhanced Multiplayer..... they enhanced the bugs. Good job beamdog, you sold everyone a game with the same problems it had in 1998 and just applied a few free mods and called it Enhanced. You should rename it BG: Troll Edition.
  • roikuroroikuro Member Posts: 1
    Issue resolved. We all installed Icewind Dale and without any kind of work arounds managed to play it all night.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Except that is does work i did it all night last night...
  • WoozWooz Member Posts: 32
    Funny how most people aren't having issues. If you're an IT director, perhaps you'd know to read existing threads or to ask somebody more knowledgeable.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Wooz said:

Funny how most people aren't having issues. If you're an IT director, perhaps you'd know to read existing threads or to ask somebody more knowledgeable.

Or to put this in the multiplayer or bug section where it belongs.