Skip to content

Is it true that none of the cut/unfinished content was restored?

Because that is the only reason I wanted to buy this in the first place. I was hoping for a final version of the game, as it was originally meant to be, with all of the cut and unfinished content reintegrated and restored by people who had worked on the original game.

If the second "enhanced" game is bereft of this as well, I think I might skip buying it. I know there are mods that address these issues as best as they can, but I thought we would be getting a definitive version. This is highly disappointing.

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    That was never promised anywhere, yet another person who did no research on what the enhanced edition was going to offer and then complaining that it didn't have what it didn't promise.
  • LaevistusLaevistus Member Posts: 12
    I'm not sure if I'm just a minority or what have you, but I really bought this game just to show interest that games like these should not die-- extra content I feel is usually better left up to the modding communities (Skyrim anyone?). I just wanted to show that this type of game is worth developing for and that there is a community willing to pay money for it.

As far as your concern goes, they've said they want to continue developing and adding to it so I think its too early to say that new content or "uncut/unfinished" content is out of the picture.
  • davidj8580davidj8580 Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2012
    I asked about it plenty of times before hand and received no answer, and I sort of assumed they would do it and stopped reading about it afterwards as there were plenty of other things to distract me.

I'm not allowed to voice my disappointment after finding out that it isn't? Thank you though, for your completely uninformative and useless post.
  • davidj8580davidj8580 Member Posts: 20
    Laevistus said:

I'm not sure if I'm just a minority or what have you, but I really bought this game just to show interest that games like these should not die-- extra content I feel is usually better left up to the modding communities (Skyrim anyone?). I just wanted to show that this type of game is worth developing for and that there is a community willing to pay money for it.

As far as your concern goes, they've said they want to continue developing and adding to it so I think its too early to say that new content or "uncut/unfinished" content is out of the picture.

While I do not disagree with your reasons for buying it, I've already bought the series twice over so I was sort of hoping for a "complete" package the third time around.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

I asked about it plenty of times before hand and received no answer, and I sort of assumed they would do it and stopped reading about it afterwards as there were plenty of other things to distract me.

They are contractually prohibited from making any changes to the original content other than minor tweaks and fixes. It was stated in both the FAQ and the List of Things That Can't Be Done that core content would remain essentially untouched, and both of these threads were prominently displayed at the top of the boards for ages.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    They said a few times beforehand that we wouldn't see anything like the 'Unfinished Business' mods implemented. So I wouldn't expect it for BG2:EE either.

Also I'd be wary of calling a version with mods like 'Unfinished Business' the definitive version since not all of the cut or unfinished content will have actually been meant for release by the original developers. Not everything will be cut for financial reasons or for making the release date, some will have been cut because they may feel it didn't fit with what the rest of the game or other reasons.