Skip to content

Help new player

I just got an awesome roll but i'm worried because i don't know if wisdom counts for saves, and I made him without even thinking about asking here,

18/00 str
18 dex
18 con
18 intelligence
3 wisdom
18 charisma

does wisdom have anything to do with "saves" ? or is it a useless stat for a kensai planning to go mage

Comments

• EndranceEndrance Member Posts: 17
    anyone? : /
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Go for it!!!
    lol! that doesn't help me any! does wisdom have anything to do with saving throws in bg ee?
  • and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    There is a table in one of the pdf mauals which shows the bonuns / minus for each abilty score.
    That being said a 3 wisdom only adversely affects your lore bounus, so no not really.

But man I thought this would have a negitive affect on some saving throws. Am I just confusing rule sets?
    Will a 3 wisdom hurt Endrance if he/she took that character to BG II?

There is a table in one of the pdf mauals which shows the bonuns / minus for each abilty score.
    That being said a 3 wisdom only adversely affects your lore bounus, so no not really.

But man I thought this would have a negitive affect on some saving throws. Am I just confusing rule sets?
    Will a 3 wisdom hurt Endrance if he/she took that character to BG II?

!!! I really want to know !
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Wisdom and int never did anything for non casters.
  • KomarrKomarr Member Posts: 80
    This is old school D&D. Saves are level dependant only. I remember playing pen & paper D&D as a teenager. Unless you were playing a caster The 3 "physical" attributes got pumped at the expense of the 3 "mental" ones. I had a number of characters with 18/18/18/3/3/3. MIn/Max FTW! Of course charisma is important now for merchants.
    Oh, and wisdom (and Int) DO affect what dialogue options are open to you in some situations.