Skip to content

broken multi - broken game

Hello guys,

As many of you already discovered the multiplayer experience of this so long awaited revamped classic is full of bugs, crashes, beta level, or simply not working.

Myself and three friends of mine bought this game only for multiplaying purpose. We trusted developers. We should ever not. None of us had success even in solving the crash at ip connection stage. We tried every little fix (firewall, ports, hamachi, other external programs, etc...) and there is no way to make it work. We expected a very different and more professional release.

I think for many reasons multiplayer experience fixing should be the first priority but seems it is not. So, here comes the question. When multiplaying will be patched and fixed? Are we talking about days, weeks or months?

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    2 or 3 years.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Why don't you tweet Trent Oster and ask him yourself

If he hasn't killed himself already
  • BaldursJGBaldursJG Member Posts: 3
    Elendar said:

2 or 3 years.

wow

You are SO clever.

• szbszb Member Posts: 220
    Played 1.5 hours of multi today and had 0 problems. Guess we were lucky then.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    szb said:

Indeed. I have had zero problems with this game in Single Player, so hopefully my luck streak will continue into Multiplayer when I get around to it.
    BaldursJG said:

Elendar said:

2 or 3 years.

wow

You are SO clever.

u mad
  • WierdoomWierdoom Member Posts: 15
    I've had no problems whatsoever playing co op with two friends since the release. If anything, I've actually had FEWER problems than playing Baldur's Gate II multiplayer, which was riddled with problems in my experience.
  • BaldursJGBaldursJG Member Posts: 3
    szb said:

Good for you! And I am sure there are many other people who can play multi. But the fact is there are many other who can not, because the game crashes or is too buggy.

Take a look on the forums. Do you think it's ok to release this game with a "beta" multiplayer? Don't you think that people deserve an official reply about multiplaying fixing, patching or scheduling?
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    I'm not having game crashing bugs in multiplayer, but some annoying problems just the same. Playing with the wife, same room, good machines, good network, and we're having awful lag at times. Our screens are right next to each other and we are very rarely in the same place on each screen. This makes ranged combat a chore since you never really know where you are and how close an enemy actually is. Also on the client machine, npcs are always displaying combat animations after dialog. And we've had some very weird npc glitches with people floating around and disappearing and reappearing. Don't have any of these issues on single player. Also had one crash to desktop when I left a room while she was casting a spell.

I think this is just a case of optimizing network play however, and am hopeful for patches down the road that address the issue.

Still having a blast even with the weird bugs. The wild mage just killed everyone with a magic missile surge that dropped cows on the party and enemies and then gated in a fiend to finish the job. Quite the series of unfortunate events.
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    szb said:

Can you rest at Inns? Because when we try to, the game tries to play the rest video, but just stops in Paused mode and we can't unpause it, therefore game is basically frozen and we have to reload.

not being able to rest in inns and therefore cities makes this game really, really hard to play.
  • szbszb Member Posts: 220
    Quineloe said:

szb said:

Can you rest at Inns? Because when we try to, the game tries to play the rest video, but just stops in Paused mode and we can't unpause it, therefore game is basically frozen and we have to reload.

not being able to rest in inns and therefore cities makes this game really, really hard to play.
    We only rested outside so far.
    Quineloe said:

szb said:

There is a workaround involving copying over the rest movie files with the one for outside that'll allow you to rest in inns... think there's more information either in bugs or in the multiplayer forums
  • OooOoOnOooOoOn Member Posts: 5
    The developers should be ashamed of themselves for releasing the game in this state. Especially after postponing the release to "iron out remaining bugs".

It is like they didnt even bother to test the multiplayer.
    OooOoOn said:

The developers should be ashamed of themselves for releasing the game in this state. Especially after postponing the release to "iron out remaining bugs".

It is like they didnt even bother to test the multiplayer.

They released the game before they finished what they were planning for with multiplayer...

"Online multiplayer has been upgraded to include matchmaking functionality, and games can be played across multiple platforms. Adventurers on iPad, Mac, PC and Android Tablets can all play Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition together."

Thats from Baldursgate.com... I certainly don't see any matchmaking functionality.....
  • knasknas Member Posts: 50
    Moving folders around, installing 3rd party program etc is unacceptable for me to get my game to work. Even so we gave it a go with hamachi to be able to connect. Worked after a few tries and then after 15 minutes of doing errands in the Friendly arm inn our game froze on resting before we were gonna leave. So we decided we'regonna wait with multiplayer until it's working properly...