Skip to content

Multiplayer crashes when traveling to new area

Me and my friends are getting crashes as soon as we try to travel to a new area. We thought it was that me, the host, wasn't the one traveling but we still get the crashes. The transition to the area after Candlekeep, where Gorion dies, worked perfectly (I guess since it doesn't have a loading transition just like other areas?) but as soon as we try to travel anywhere else from there the game seems to crash for all of us.

Anyone else experienced this? A quick search gave nothing, so here's hoping someone might know what's wrong :(

Comments

• PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
    same here
  • ElizabethSterlingElizabethSterling Member Posts: 39
    It happens for us only when the host tries to initiate travel between areas. When a non-host player does it it seems to work fine.
  • PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
    game works with 2 players. once 3 connect the gates of hell open
  • ElizabethSterlingElizabethSterling Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2012
    Even with the disconnect/reconnect for Player 3? It's quite specific but it works for us.

Player 1 hosts.
    Player 2 and 3 log in.
    Player 3 logs out but does not close the program
    Player 3 immediately logs back in.

This works for us. (Note - if P3 closes the program or if P2 logs in/out it won't work.)

As player 2 I've been responsible for triggering all the area transitions thus far as when player 1 (the host) does it the game CTDs. I also can't exchange inventory with Player 3 without a crash nor they with me but I can with the host and the host can with Player 3.
    Post edited by ElizabethSterling on