Skip to content

Minsc won't join?

Hello folks,

I'm on my first playthrough with my chatoic good archer.
Now, I was planning to pick up Minsc, so I went down to Nashkel.

When I first talked to him he said something along the lines "I don't like to looks of you."
I tried to talk to him again, yet the game won't trigger any dialogue (Minsc has nothing to say to you).
As far as I can remember, you should be able to pick up Minsc right away, right?

Is this a bug?

Also: Where can I get a scrollcase `?

Thanks!

Comments

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    What's your charisma and reputation?
  • VikingRVikingR Member Posts: 88
    I have a rather low charisma of 7 but a formidable rep of 16 ;)
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    enable cheats and CTRL-Q when moused over him would probably do for a workaround if its a bug...
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    Hm. 7/16 should really be enough to make him like you. What did you do to him?
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2012
    I had 3 and he def did not want to join me haha. Even after trying to get Imoen to talk to him he still did not want to join. Pretty sure it's normal. Viconia like wise did not want to join me either. Had to use Imoen to get her to join.
    The same kind of happened with Kivan. He was like: "I don't care about a naive adventureling party."
    Subsequently: "Kivan has nothing to say to you"

Another broken NPC. Nice job, overhaul ...
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Talk to him with Imoen. It's your charisma bro.
    Tried that too. Doesn't work. Maybe you only get one chance at a charisma check when you first meet him. Either that or it is bugged.

I'm gonna go look for Dynaheir now and look what he has to say afterwards.
  • TwitchyTwitchy Member Posts: 2
    I had this happen as well, but it was after I took Edwin to kill Dyna. I never saw Minsc until afterwards. This is my first time playing. He says he will join but doesn't.

However, I did save the game at a point earlier. So I went to talk to him before Edwin, and he joins just fine.
    I didn't take Edwin into my party. Just got Dynaheir and she said she was looking for her guardian Minsc. Went back to Nashkel - "Minsc has nothing to say to you."

Strangely, I can recruit Kivan now without problems. Minsc seems buggy.
    Guess I'll have to do without the space hamster.