Skip to content

NPCs (followers) dropped from party meet-up point

AlexRmFAlexRmF Member Posts: 20
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
I don't know if someone already asked for this, but BG1 always had the issue of letting the NPCs you dropped from your party in the same place where you left them, instead of telling them to meet you in a certain town (Beregost would be the best choice). This can cause a lot of issues if you let a NPC in a certain area and you forget exactly which area that was, or even worse... the area gets changed and you won't able to reach it and recruit back the character.
Also, considering that this game has a huge number of followers, it's best to have them all in the same place (or several, depending on your progress) after they've joined your party at least once.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• RushLynxRushLynx Member Posts: 7
    I've actually been wondering this myself... I had to let a member go in the middle of an ambush zone (like when you're traveling and get ambushed)... and he just sat there... However, everytime I get ambushed around that area he's still sitting there... Will he just stand there like a tard till he starves to death or what?
  • scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87
    The original game had the bigger issue that dismissed companions would eventually vanish from the game. Hopefully they have at least fixed that in this version.
  • AlexRmFAlexRmF Member Posts: 20
    Yeah.. something like that... I actually had to lose a NPC in BG1 in an area that wasn't available after a certain in-game event and I couldn't get that NPC back. in BG2 that was easily fixed by telling your NPCs to stay where you left them or to meet you at the Copper Coronet
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This might be a good theme of a mod. I think there is actually one.