Skip to content

Any new items for the class kits?

I was wondering if there are any new items that would help the kits of the different classes, like there were for BG2?
I started playing as a Kensai and this class cannot use any ranged weapons, armor or braces, leaving me with a few questions on whether or not I will be able to finish the game, because, as I remember, the ranged characters were the most powerful and if I have a tank that has a mediocre AC and cannot use bows or slings or whatever ranged weapon, then I'm pretty much toast in the end-game battles.
So... I really need to know... does the game have some type of additional equipment for the "special" classes like the Monk or the kensai? (Ioune stones, rings, cloaks, necklaces, belts)
If it doesn't... is there any possibility to add some?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    A couple for monks - mainly from rasaad and his quest. I think that's about it though.
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    Dual to thief asap and backstab your way through..
  • The best advice I can give you is to have an NPC tank. For AC, there's the Shield Amulet in the Nashkel Carnival, which you should be able to recharge by selling it to a vendor and buying it back. When one of your mages hits level 7, they can cast Spirit Armor on you for good AC that lasts long enough to explore an area.
  • AlexRmFAlexRmF Member Posts: 20
    I'll try my luck with the kensai for a while longer and try to develop some kind of tactic ... maybe a thief or mage dual-class also. the devs should probably think of these classes also by adding some of the BG2 special items randomly inside merchant's inventories or... create 1-2 special merchants that sell equipment for these classes (BG2 had 2 special merchants and they worked-out very well)
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    AlexRmF said:

I'll try my luck with the kensai for a while longer and try to develop some kind of tactic ... maybe a thief or mage dual-class also. the devs should probably think of these classes also by adding some of the BG2 special items randomly inside merchant's inventories or... create 1-2 special merchants that sell equipment for these classes (BG2 had 2 special merchants and they worked-out very well)

Perhaps, but Kensai is really extremely powerful for dual classing and adding gear might unbalance it.