Skip to content

If you kill Drizzt in BG EE...

Do you get to keep his weapons and armor? I know you're constantly harassed by a mage requesting it back in bg2, was curious if its the same in bg ee

Comments

• EndranceEndrance Member Posts: 17
    better yet, has anyone killed him in bg ee?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Yes, you get to keep them for the duration of BG1, but...

** possible spoilers **

...they won't carry over on a direct import into BG2:SoA, unless you cheat them into the game.

Yes, you get to keep them for the duration of BG1, but...

** possible spoilers **

...they won't carry over on a direct import into BG2:SoA, unless you cheat them into the game.

TY
  • rabidboochrabidbooch Member Posts: 15
    he's easy to kill with a 6 men party around lvl 5 or 6 all you need are the speed boots and a lot of arrows +2
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    @SharGuidesMyHand Do you mean that they're getting rid of the feature where you can pause the game in the beginning of SoA and then drop your inventory so that you will still have it?
  • rabidboochrabidbooch Member Posts: 15
    ARKdeEREH said:

@SharGuidesMyHand Do you mean that they're getting rid of the feature where you can pause the game in the beginning of SoA and then drop your inventory so that you will still have it?

i hope not i hate losing all that hard earned shiny gear i get from bg1 especialy the boots of speed i find the game so slow without them.....

• WoozWooz Member Posts: 32
    you can get boots of speed in baldur's gate 2 incredibly early by simply doing the haer'dalis quest.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    They should make boots of speed available for sale. Just put a price tag of 100,000 gold pieces in the adventure's mart. There is a reason why the game gives you half a million gold by the end of SoA.
    Boots of speed still make players teleport in multiplayer games lol
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    "If you kill Drizzt in BG EE..."

...Then your bad. You should feel bad D<
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
  • HoratioHoratio Member Posts: 18
    I killed Drizzt.

Had Viconia with sling, Imoen with bow, Dorn with bow, new wild mage chicky with darts, Kivan with bow. All around level 5 with my protagonist a fighter illusionist just running around the party far enough away so that drizzt wouldnt change targets. Lots of mirror images.

Mind you I did charm the entire map with Algernons cloak so that I would have some cannon fodder and not have to run around for a little while. The half ogres really stood up for a few hits. Had a few skeletons that threw some daggers which was nice too.
  • solidbonessolidbones Member Posts: 11
    Killed Drizzt melee
    it was pretty hard. PC was a level 7 Berserker. Party members the classic Imoen, jaheira + Khalid, Minsc + Dynaheir (was my first time playing in almost 10 years, wanted to do a classic canon run before playing an evil party, gotta save the best for last right =p)
    anyways, had PC max two hand swords and buffed liked crazy (god might, enraged, haste, cloud giant potion, potion of heroism, etc). Think he had around 2 or 3 thac0, forgot to check. Everyone else was pretty useless actually and only served as distraction (they had around 10-12 thac0, let's face it, they're not hitting Drizzt). Tried killing him 3 times and got lucky the third time where I killed him without even losing a single party member. 10 Rep drop, but sooooo worth it.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Has anyone managed to kill him without cheese in a solo playthrough?
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Killed him at level 6 without kiting, with CHARNAME as a potioned up fighter mage.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I think when you meet him in BG2 you can say that you 'left him for dead' when you met before and he will become hostile and attack you.
  • forest39forest39 Member Posts: 17
    Potential spoilers*******

It is always hilarious when you see Drizzit in BG 2 and comment on killing him in the earlier game
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited December 2012
    Mungri said:

Has anyone managed to kill him without cheese in a solo playthrough?

I killed him once with a solo Thief/Cleric. I didn't fight him directly so I don't know if that counts as cheese and this was in regular BG1, not the Enhanced Edition. I already had the Boots of Speed at that point, so I used sling bullets to chip away at his health while running around the level and trying to stay far enough ahead of him that he couldn't damage me. It took a long time, but Drizzt eventually died.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Yeah, that's considered cheese lol.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Endrance said:

Boots of speed still make players teleport in multiplayer games lol

Haha! Reminds me of Occusojs!!