Skip to content

[HELP] Uninstalling mod before patch seems to have messed up my game

EldragonEldragon Member Posts: 1
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
I had installed BG2 Tweaks v10 initially and BG:EE was working great. However with today's patch I wanted to uninstall the mods before installing the patch; then reinstall the mods.

Unfortunately I seem to have broken something, and I don't know what!

Now when I go back into the game most neutral NPCs (commoners and thel ike) attack the party on sight, and some NPCs seem to be hasted. This happens when I play with and without the original mod set.

I have no idea what I broke. Can any modding experts point me in the right directing for what scripts are failing that I can edit into getting the game going again?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Wish I had better news, but between the EE, your mods, the patch, your savegames and the override directory there's a whole lot of things that can go wrong. When I loaded up my save after the patch I had a lot of weird and very random effects too, including Minsc showing up and being petrified even though I hadn't even picked him up yet. I ended up reinstalling, and would recommend you do the same.
  • EldragonEldragon Member Posts: 1
    Reinstalling + walking through each NPC in shadowkeeper fixed it. I thought I had done a good job of uninstalling before patching, but apparently I missed something. I also had to go through each NPC's inventory in shadowkeeper and manually edit item inventories. Everything got messed up upon applying the patch.

Guess I will have to play BG:EE without mods, which is seriously a shame.