Skip to content

Bard change...

Feature request.... Allow singing during combat, but not while casting spells... Seriously, IDK anybody who uses their song, except maybe once in a blue moon when they get feared and don't have any remove fears memorized... It's not a huge bonus, give it to them. Give their class some actual flavor instead of just a poor man's mage/thief.

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 632
    This would be breaking AD&D 2.5 rules, which they must adhere to as close as possible, so I doubt we'll see it. Although Wotc did eventually see their folly and made it so that Bards can have song bonuses and fight at the same time, and even cast magic in light armors in D&D 3.5.. too late for this game though ;)

In AD&D 2.5 though, Bards are ment to suck :P
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited December 2012
    I use the jesters song during combat sometimes, especially against the flaming fist I encounter and need to kill. But a regular bards song I would not use often.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I use the bard song when I have a bard, they are so useless at combat why would you have them do that instead?
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Bards are actually pretty badass if played right. plain Bard solo's are on of the easier ones. Techically a blade would be better, but I hate losing the pickpocket bonus to take them, and in the end it really doesn't help that much....getting VERY early access to a lot of wands of fire, monster summoning, and sleep on the other hand...BWHAHAHAHA.