Skip to content

Stat boosting books and NPC's

GoatBoySteveGoatBoySteve Member Posts: 50
I would like to see something done to give me a reason not to give all the books over to my PC. What point is there in giving one to an NPC since their BG2 stats have no relation to BG1 even if you import? I also have trouble with this from a RP perspective, since in my mind my PC is seemingly calling dibs on every stat book and I imagine that'd bother the party pretty bad.
GemHoundAndreaColomboConphantusSenash

Comments

• CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited June 2012
    Problem is, if you open up the "importing to BG2" can of worms then there are a whole lot of bigger issues. Let's say they import the status of NPCs at the end of BG1, what if they're dead? That would be a big problem for Edwin for example, who is vital to a quest. Or Imoen, who has to specifically be a thief/mage at game start for the plot to work. What if the player never dualed her? I'm not saying these issues shouldn't be addressed, just that it would be a very complicated job.

Personally I do still give the books to those it'd most help at that time, even the ones that don't appear in BG2 at all. You can use Lum's Machine to raise their stats in BG2.
    nulspace
  • pacekpacek Member Posts: 92
    What point is there in giving one to an NPC since their BG2 stats have no relation to BG1 even if you import?
    Well what point is there in giving your 9 INT fighter PC the intelligence tome? BG1 is a big game, you can still enjoy the bonuses before you move on to BG2, and even then there are always game editors. (Although I do support carrying over of stats to BG2).

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    actually, all the bg 1 npcs that go into bg II have stat upgrades except for imoen, so its kinda like they did receive something er rather but of coarse no 19 str for minsc or 19 int for edwin, but at least jaheira has 17 dex now, and can actually be useful in a fight ( now that she can have dex and str instead of one or the other)
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    Go Dual classing your friends!!!!!

Xzar +1 Wisdom = Cleric
    Branwen +1 Dex = Thief
    Safana +1 Int = Mage

Ofcourse both Shaar Tael and Imoen are already dualed =)

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Of course both Shaar Tael and Imoen are already doable =)
    Fixed.
    Senash
    There are more doable then dualable females in BG @AndreaColombo .....let's NOT open that can of worms =))
    Yeah, Pandora's box is better left closed ;-)
    I am still looking for Pandora....and her box

Where is she =)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Allowing the streaming of music online for free? :)
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    I always give them to CHARNAME, cause he is the child of bhaal afterall :) But it really would be cool if the stats would go to BG2. And we could open a whole new discussion about other thing going to BG2 or have an effect on the world there. I really hated when playing an evil party I'm locked in the dungeon with Minsc, Jaheria (and Khalid...), while Edwin, who helped me kill Sarevok doesnt even recognise me... But I think we could agree that that would be a bit too much for the developers :(
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    @Lindeblom Don't forget Dynaheir +2 Wisdom = Cleric, there are 3 Tomes of Understanding you know ;P