Skip to content

Why is it Enhanced Edition?

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
I'm not attempting to nitpick or anything, but how come they called it Enhanced Edition?

I mean, I don't need to live in America and have access to Walmart to say, that it sounds like the title of any gimic re-release of a game that's several years past it.

All I'm saying is, they're selling themselves a lil short. It's clearly much more than a gimic, not just an old bench covered in varnish. I reckon they should've chosen something more.. original.

To me, 'Enhanced Edition' just sounds kind of cheap. It should be called Baldur's Gate: Reissued, or something. Baldur's Gate: Prolonged, revitalized, rejuvinated, reiterated. OAR SOMETHING.
Deltaslayer

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2012
    @AndreasColombo

They need a slogan too. Baldur's Gate, almost as absorbent as a ShamWOW! Almost as popular as WoW. Screw Blizzard, this is where it's at. Have a need for speed? No cars, but plenty of HASTE. Halo? No way, this has Xvarts. They're the 'new' zombie.
    FafnirEdwinEudaemonium
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited June 2012
    What about "Screw bullet time - it's Baldur time!" (or Baldur's time, depending on the desired degree of smartassery).
    looterFafnirAristilliusLilacor
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2012
    @AndreaColombo

Losing your hair, old man? Try Baldur's Scalp Syrup! If he can grow it back, so can you. It's your GATEWAY to new exciting hair loving time.

If you ever find yourself at a mountain pass, make sure they don't drop a Baldur on your way to the gate.
  • YorleenYorleen Member Posts: 150
    Actually I think "Baldur's Gate Reloaded" is already in use, by moders recreating the game with DA's engine. ;)
    Baldur's Gate: 2012 reissue by several former BioWare employees who now work at Beamdog.
    WigglesThe_New_Romance
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Well... I guess because it is.. Enhanced

its not like an addon such as Tosc Or Tob which justify a new title.. every other name other than 'Enhanced' might give you the impression of new story behind it, which is not true.

just an opinion...
    powerfulallyAntonWilbur
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    It would be awesome if new modules such as durlag tower and the werewolf island were released as DLC module every month or so.
    Spjuv3rnEudaemoniumWilburKolonKu
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    @Space_hamster new content is great, but I have to say if DLC comes at the cost of a fully fleshed out expansion like the ones we used to get (like it seems to), then no thanks! It's simply a bad deal to get your expansion chopped into a jumble of fragmented bits and pieces (and probably pay alot more for them together than you would for an expansion pack that would actually deliver a solid storyline)
    Yorleen
    I'm thinking about stand alone modules, that would several hours of gameplay each. They could sell them for say $2-3 each, this would work for iPad.
    smeagolheart
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I'm thinking about stand alone modules, that would several hours of gameplay each. They could sell them for say $2-3 each, this would work for iPad.
    thats a bit to cheap comparted to the project expenses me thinks...

thats a bit to cheap comparted to the project expenses me thinks...

Not really, the BG app will cost $10 on app store, so 1-2 for additional content is about right.

• wbouvywbouvy Member Posts: 33
    Baldur's gate: Magical edition for the iPad
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    Baldur's Gate: Giant Miniature Space Edition the all new critically acclaimed BIOWARE/EA Next-gen project that fuses the elements of Baldur's Gate with the widely praised Mass Effect (TM) universe - prepare to punch reporters in the face with Bigby's Crushing Fist!
    The_New_RomanceLilacor
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Ha ha! You people are silly.
    Winthal
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Baldur's Gate: Reloaded?

Followed perhaps by Baldur's Gate: Revolutions, which would be the enhanced edition of BG2+ToB.

Wait a second...
    Baldur's Gate: The Phantom Annoyance
    Baldur's Gate: Director's Cut
    Baldur's Gate: Wrath of Sarevok (lol: "Sarevoooooooooooooook!")
    Baldur's Gate: Attack of the Bhaalspawns
    and of course
    Baldur's Gate 3D
    Montresor_SPLilacor
    Baldur's Gate: A New Hope
    Baldur's Gate: Alaundo strikes back (alternatively: Bhaal strikes back)
    Baldur's Gate: Return of the Bhaalspawn

Back to the Baldur

FezwulfEnialusMeliamneMontresor_SP
    Baldur'r Gate: The Next Generation
  • nulspacenulspace Member Posts: 100
    2 Baldur'd 2 Gated
    LilacorKolonKu
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Baldur's Gate: A problem in the lock (that's the reason they take 6 chapters to let you in the city XD)!

• CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Baldur's Gate: Wrath of the Sewer King
    Baldur's Gate Prequel: Trials of the Schoolmaster
    Calmar
    Baldur's Gate: Trials of The Ulcaster....
    FafnirEnialusMeliamne
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    2 Baldur'd 2 Gated
    Hilarious
    @Iansounet - 2 Hilarious 2 Furious?
    Baldur's Gate: Trials of The Ulcaster....
    yeah I named mine after trials of the luremaster the IWD expansion I've never played yet.
    yeah I named mine after trials of the luremaster the IWD expansion I've never played yet.
    I remember downloading the 73mb of Trials Of The LureMaster with my 56kbit internet... wasnt nice

smeagolheartEnialusMeliamne
  • FornostFornost Member Posts: 42
    Yay