Skip to content

Scroll wheel doesn't work half the time.

I could never imagine even in my worst nightmares that a game like Baldur's Gate could suffer from the plague that are console ports (or in this case, iPad port). The scroll wheel doesn't let you scroll your inventory in the buy/sell window, in the "Journal" section of your Journal, and if you scroll a conversation up and then back again, the dialogue options tend to drop at the very bottom of the screen. The last one is not a big deal, not even a mild one, but it's still a sign of the illness that has plagued the video game industry for almost a decade now.

Comments

• PhillUpPhillUp Member Posts: 10
    Got the same issue! It's really annoying.
  • SleepdribbleSleepdribble Member Posts: 1
    Simply drag the screen up/down with your mouse.
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    This is unfortunately inherited from the haphazard scroll wheel support in the original BG2 engine (at least; I'm fairly certain BG1 never had scroll wheel support). It'd be nice if Overhaul et al could fix scroll wheel support to work consistently in all areas where we contemporary mouse users would expect it to work. (I don't mind the behavior when scrolling conversations; it's consistent with what I've been used to from BG2 over the years.)

While click-dragging with the mouse does work for some of these elements for which the mouse wheel does not, in the "Journal" portion of your journal, unless you are click-dragging from the date of an entry, you will invariable end up opening the entry for editing when releasing the mouse button, so it's a bit awkward there.
  • j0lssonij0lssoni Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2012

Simply drag the screen up/down with your mouse.

The thing is, this results 99% of the time in "clicking" open the journal entry. And it doesn't work in the store window, I have to resort to clicking the damn up- and down-arrows on the side.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    This would be a nice add for a future update. Both the shop and journal seem natural fits to implement.