Skip to content

Monster Manual

2»

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    But they do have all the animations up through ToB to work with right? Or does BGEE have to remain only BG1 animations?

If they fix the Tasloi, Basilisk, Original Death Tyrant and a few other BG1 animations to work in the BG2 engine, then I see no reason why the reverse cannot be true. There are some PS:T animations in ToB that were authorized, and there are tons of IWD animations in BG2 (just not all sadly).

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think they can probably use BG2 animations.

I mean, they're already using BG2 animations for NPCs, no reason to prevent them from using BG2 monster animations.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Well so a review of the contract is a HUGE AND URGENT need, cos if i see an Orgillion flesh golem in the Enhanced Edition that will certainly make me pissed of, a LOT.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited June 2012
    @Cuv - it is my understanding the Beamdog already possesses the rights to the whole Baldur's Gate saga, and therefore to all the animations it features up to ToB.

However, I don't see what good it could possibly do to reuse animations that already represent creatures in SoA/ToB for different creatures in BG/TotSC.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Well, it is just good to know what there is to work with for custom content. ie:There are no vampiric mists in bg1, but dont see why the animation couldnt be sparringly used for a quest in BGEE. Could just be called a ghost. Creatures are what you call them. Just a simple example that came to mind... another would be a single mummy in crypts below the city or gnoll stronghold or something. That is an IWD animation, but in BG2 and not available to BG1.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    i agree with @kamuizin here. animation an model improvements are sorely needed, but i already (grudgingly) came to terms that they cannot be expected in bg:ee. :(

i fully support you guys though, any addition of enhanced animated conted is a big plus in my book. especially if this can be done with npc avatars...
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Well so a review of the contract is a HUGE AND URGENT need, cos if i see an Orgillion flesh golem in the Enhanced Edition that will certainly make me pissed of, a LOT.
    Someone can mod them in, it could be you if it bothers you that much.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @smeagolheart that was a way to express my feelings about the matter in a writing fashion, no need to be rude.

Besides, everything that was asked here can be modded, so your comment serves to every topic in this forum.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    A fleshgolem that is just a brown ogrillon can kill the immersion for someone. I dont remember any encounter with them but knowing this fact now can annoy me too.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    A fleshgolem that is just a brown ogrillon can kill the immersion for someone. I dont remember any encounter with them but knowing this fact now can annoy me too.
    High Hedge, this orgillion inside.. its a flesh golem
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Good find!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @smeagolheart that was a way to express my feelings about the matter in a writing fashion, no need to be rude.

Besides, everything that was asked here can be modded, so your comment serves to every topic in this forum.
    @kamuizin not trying to bother you, just saying it doesn't have to be the end if they miss that one.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    BG2 items can be used in BGEE, extract the items you want via EEkeeper (which works with BG2 too, but can't edit saves) and then drop them in BGEE's override folder.
    Import a character w/the items and they'll appear without the description (eg. [Missing String 0x093780]) or maybe grabs a dialog part (eg. the Robe of Vecna I have on BGEE says: "Heya friends" as name and "Heya" as description, this is only an example)
    CRE files can be overriden in the same way, but they miss their name and script unless they are from BGEE (eg. I changed the file BASSIL.CRE (Bassilus) for DEATKNIH.CRE (Demon Knight) by changing its name to BASSIL, so where Bassilus is supposed to be, its a Demon Knight)
    Acctually, I changed Bassilus for a Demogorgon from BG2 (same way that items, extract them with EEkeeper, change the name to a CRE file that appears in BG1 and put it in your override folder) but it misses his name and he stands without attacking, exeptionally BORING, this imports the Demogorgon's look too. This can be done with almost everything. NOTE: Changing creatures can be funny, but keep in mind that changing Sarevok for a Glibbering IS cheating (I did it!! And it works!!)
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    Change Bassilus for a Demogorgon ... Nice! xD
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Akerhon said:

Change Bassilus for a Demogorgon ... Nice! xD

Yeah, but he didn't attacked nor moved, his scripts and name are missing, as well as his Spells and everything, his effects still working, because they are the same in all the Infinity Engine games.

I modded BG2 as well, by changing Kangaxx life to one Hit Point, so he is easy to kill, but because that is a VERY big cheat, I'm going to remove it, and because it useless, he can be killed with or without the overriden CRE file inside your Override folder.
    Also, I changed Gauth's colors (a little Beholder) from green to red, and I think it looks better now, and I'm not going to put the original colors again!