Skip to content

Can't launch the game

DrakensDrakens Member Posts: 4
edited December 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
Hello, I pre-bought the game... Preloaded it... Installed it... Did everything to play BUT :

1) I couldn't launch the game, when I clicked on the shortcut, it says "BGEE Stop working, windows will try to fix it"...

=> I Uninstalled, Installed, Updated my drivers, DL OpenGL, OpenAL, Run as admin... Nothing work.
So, i decided to formate my computer... Now, everything is working, everything is up to date, etc...

But :

2) The game just don't launch... I click on "Baldur.exe" OR by the beamdog Launcher.

My computer :

Acer "Predator G3600"

i7 -2600 3.4 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT440

I've been searching since Wednesday... And still find nothing... I Really need help :/

Comments

• NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Hi @Drakens - you're running Windows 7? Have you tried the steps listed in the Master FAQ over here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8405/read-before-posting-master-technical-faq

...when you say you downloaded OpenGL, what do you mean by that exactly?
  • DrakensDrakens Member Posts: 4
    Yes, i've tried everything ...

And by downloading the OpenGL... I mean that i've downloaded "OpenGl extensions viewer" to know if my drivers are uptodate and... they are... and yes, i'm on Windows 7.

Maybee the game just don't want me...
  • XinraXinra Member Posts: 3
    If you can get the .INI file to write in your folder, there seems to be a way to force OpenAl32 to load. However, in my personal circumstance the .INI file is never created - so the BGEE.exe and Baldurs.exe*32 load with no game launch ever happening.
  • DrakensDrakens Member Posts: 4
    FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY... The last uptade of the game fixed my problem !