Skip to content

Quick Question - Near Infinity

Anyone know the appropriate dummy filenames and locations for enhanced edition? I've tried baldur.exe and BGConfig.exe in 00766.

Comments

• DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    Bump.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Not sure what you mean. NI reads the chitin.key file, not the exe.
    Sorry, it's been a long time since I last played with NI, but at that time you had to place two dummy files in the same folder as the chitin.key so as to tell NI which game you were editing. The file type didn't matter, so long as the names were baldur.exe and BGConfig.exe.

It sound like that is no longer the case. Hmm, many of my fields are labeled unknown at this point, which used to be fixed by placing the dummy files. Basically, it would change the welcome message from unknown game@filepath to Baldur's Gate@filepath and fill in many of the fields.
    Oh I see, good point. Yeah, try bgmain.exe and bgconfig.exe.
    No dice. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. I have no problem running it on my tutu install
    Hm. Are you copying and renaming baldur.exe?
    now we're cooking with gas!

I was wrong about the file type being irrelevant. I just grabbed bgconfig.exe from my tutu folder, dropped it in my 0076 and it seems to be humming along without a problem.

I think I know what the problem was. Last time I played with this, it was on a mac. There, it must be that the filename was all you needed. On PC, the filetype must be relevant. I really appreciate your help though, @shin.