Skip to content

Saving my game: roll back from 2.5 patch on Steam?

namarienamarie Member Posts: 52
Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a way to roll my game back to the previous version.

I don't have any problem with the patch, but I haven't play BG2EE for a while since I've been busy, and I also didn't notice that Steam auto-installed this patch before I knew it, I haven't had the chance to back up my game or anything...

Unfortunately, the new patch ruined my modded game... :,((((( The item files become invalid, and I suspect some of the mod (non-companion) NPCs' dialogues too (I haven't had the heart to check if that's the case).

I've devoted hundreds of hours into this playthrough alone, not to mention the pain it took me to install those mods. Is there any way to roll back my game from the 2.5 patched version to its previous version? I could, of course, just finish the game and convince myself that those minor issues can be overcome, but I just played for like 15min and my OCD was already killing me. Help, please?? :.(

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Your post was caught by the forum's spam filter. I have restored it and verified you so that this should not happen again.

Sadly, it may be too late to restore your game. I would suggest you look at your weidu log and try to reinstall the mods in the exact order you installed them previously. I am not sure what is going on with your setup, but steam, at least for me, doesn't usually remove everything from mods when it does an update so you may not have a clean install. Before you do anything, make a backup of what you currently have by copying the game's files to somewhere else. Then try reinstalling the mods in the same order as before with what you currently have. If that doesn't fix things, try doing the same from a clean install of the game. Hopefully something will work for you.

Note: I am far from an expert at fixing issues like this so my advice may be incorrect in some way. Just make sure you backup before meddling with anything.