Skip to content

I have 60000 gold in chapter 6. Is there anything notable to purchase?

I've already purchased the Tower Shield +3 and Bracers of 3 AC, that's all I could find in the shops worthy of anything. Any suggestions? Even spells.

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited July 2018
    I always visit mrs Cragmoon in the bridge district and Roger in the sewers for their potions.

I also visit Adratha in druid grove
    Before I take her head

The temples also has some cool potions. I really like potions....

I would then buy the reflection shield, ring of air control, recharge all my wands (if you havent already). And then buy all the protection spells needed (aka the green spells) - the two protection from magic is a must.

Ps. 60.000 gp will not suffice visiting mrs Cragmoon when I go there - but then again I really like potions..
    lnstructorGreenWarlock
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    You can use potions of Thievery/perception to increase pick pockets to over 250 then steal any items that may be needed from most merchants. Ribald can't be stolen from, but i believe all the others can, you can also use the Shadow Thief merchant and/or Roger in the Sewers as fences who will buy stolen goods from you, this will effectively give you unlimited funds should you desire.
    StummvonBordwehrlnstructor
  • lnstructorlnstructor Member Posts: 20
    Do you think I could kill the red dragon with a level 11 party? Providing I'll use enough protection scrolls, and I've found Dragonbane Halberd. I don't know if my guys can even hit him yet.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

Do you think I could kill the red dragon with a level 11 party? Providing I'll use enough protection scrolls, and I've found Dragonbane Halberd. I don't know if my guys can even hit him yet.

If you have a thief between levels 11-16 just lay 7 traps around Firkraag. You can then attack him and run away while you wait for him to die ...
    StummvonBordwehrBorekMontresor_SPlnstructor
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Don't forget the black market vendors that only appear at night (on the roofs in the slum district and at the western end of the bridge district) - they sell some high level, hard to find, spells.
    BorekThacoBell
  • lnstructorlnstructor Member Posts: 20
    Grond0 said:

I've already purchased the Tower Shield +3 and Bracers of 3 AC, that's all I could find in the shops worthy of anything. Any suggestions? Even spells.

Thank you.
  • borntodieborntodie Member Posts: 199
    edited July 2018
    Did you buy the Robe of Vecna, the Shield of Balduran and the Girdle of Hill Giant Strength? The defender of easthaven? Did you visit the merchant outside Watcher's Keep?

You can kill Firkraag really easily with the Feeblemind spell, because it does not turn him hostile if this spell fails. Just keep casting the spell until it sticks and then kill him while he just stands there being stupid. A solo naked level 9 mage can do it.

If you want a fair fight, it's better to have a few extra levels first.
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    Robe of Vecna and Vhailor's Helm are so good they're practically broken
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Fyl said:

i think shield of balduran takes that spot, with that shield you cannot lose against beholders ( except for elder orbs and hive mothers with their fun imprisonment spells )
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2018
    sarevok57 said:

Fyl said:

i think shield of balduran takes that spot, with that shield you cannot lose against beholders ( except for elder orbs and hive mothers with their fun imprisonment spells )
    Cant lose against a dead beholder, either... and it's not like there's all that many beholders.

It's an otherwise sad, sad little item that makes it slightly easier to cheese a few fights

And...are there even ANY beholders to fight in Ch.6 & further???
    Fyl said:

sarevok57 said:

Fyl said:

Cant lose against a dead beholder, either... and it's not like there's all that many beholders.

It's an otherwise sad, sad little item that makes it slightly easier to cheese a few fights

And...are there even ANY beholders to fight in Ch.6 & further???
    it still gives off a nice AC bonus of +4, so that's a plus, also, there are some beholders in ToB but not very many, and if you haven't done the cult of the unseeing eye quest yet, than that shield will be very useful for that quest
    StummvonBordwehr
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Isn't the Beholder hive in chapter 6? Or was that 5?
    ThacoBell said:

Isn't the Beholder hive in chapter 6? Or was that 5?

if you are talking about the underdark then that is chapter 5