Northen tales of the sword coast
Secret of Bonehill
Drizzt saga
The vault
The grey clan
Ascalon questpack

Comments

• BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    I've played the Grey Clan and Ascalon's quest pack. What I liked about the Grey Clan is probably what some people don't like. That it's incomplete and the second part was never released. For me it felt like my party just crossed paths with another adventuring party for an adventure against their enemies. I thought the final scrap was just difficult enough to make the loot was worth it. Ascalon's quest pack has a lot of fun little mini quests and one larger quest not connected to the others. The larger quest (the Serpents) and the Geraldo quest being my favorites. The only negative is that you have to install all the quests. I did find that the location of two of the quests overlapped with a couple of key locations of other mods I use. So the only thing I would change about the mod would be adding an option to install each quest individually.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    For all those EET mods, uber powerful weapons and increased levels that completely break the difficulty curve of the main game.
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2018
    I really enjoyed NToTSC. Most of my gripes with it appear to have been fixed in a recent update to that mod.
    Post edited by evildevil97 on
  • ClubbothClubboth Member Posts: 60
    Hello, Arthas, I'm using Drizzt Saga, because I made a translation. But the game-play is not balanced and I'm cheating or reloading here and there. You will join a high-level Drizzt and his companions one after another. Regis is the only one, whom You can avoid. Though, You have two slots in Your party free. Never played the bad arc, where You side with Drizzt's enemies. You might get one slot more. As ThacoBell said, the items are extremely powerful and lots of experience points in there. It is a snap, if I'm timing the thing right: a 110.000 Imoen thief dualed to mage can easily gain her thieving skills with the Drizzt Saga experience points back. But the enemies are very tough, too - they would suit BG2 endgame better, is my claim. Some of them cannot be beaten without Drizzt, Wulgar & Co. I do like the new maps. Some have flaws. Not enough space to maneuver Your characters. Though, they are designed for the 1.3 EE. In the 2.3 scenario they are messed up. Maybe EET does help here, converting them to the right format? I cannot return to the Friendly Arm Inn, when The Saga is over. And again the console is my friend here. Cannot recommend the mod with a light heart, though I'm tied to it. Please, have a look and form Your own opinion about the Drizzt Saga.
  • Emardon_LareousEmardon_Lareous Member Posts: 60
    Secret of Bonehill: The tone fits well with the broader game and it's a nice story with some challenging combat. The areas are quite unique except for the keep which is Nalias from BG2.

My only gripe is the loot/exp, which is much too generous. Eg a thief you need to kill could just be given a fighter multiclass and be a challenge to your party, but they are fully equipped with BG2 gear which makes your party much too powerful post nashkel. Items like the belt of hill giant strength would also be much too powerful if I weren't using alternate rules which made it only +2 strength.
    After I played through it I used EEKeeper to remove 10000gp , 3000 XP and items to keep the game fun.