Skip to content

Coaxmetal missing an arm?

It's been a while since I last played Planescape: Torment, but I've made it back to the Siege Tower. Coaxmetal, that giant metal golem, seems to have misplaced his right arm if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if this could be due to a mod (don't think anything should really be affecting him/it), however, I was curious if this if going on in anyone else's game. If so, kind of a strange bug. Big guy looks really bored in his tower, doing nothing. :p

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I noticed this too, but being new to PST I was not sure what to make of it.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Don't know what's causing the problem, but here's some largely useless trivia for you: that arm is actually a repeating spell effect.

we did have it disappear once in development, but I don't know what fixed it. might have been something to do with directx vs opengl and driver nonsense
    ProontJuliusBorisov
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I've experienced that too once in a while. It looks like the "hammering arm" effect is susceptible to save & reload actions.

You can restore it with this console command if you want (until the next reload):
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("coax",ForceSpellRESNoFeedback("igarm",Myself))')
    ProontJuliusBorisovSethDavis
  • SoulReaverSoulReaver Member Posts: 33
    Just chiming in to say I've had this happen in my game too now.

Has it been logged as a bug? Don't think I ran into this problem in the original.