Skip to content

XP Scaler (universal)

Posted this on the Steam forums, but thought I'd sling it up here as well, for those that may find it useful:

A simple little program that allows you to scale XP granted from enemy encounters from 1% all the way up to 5000%.

To use, just select a location and name for the xptable.2da file (you should default to this name and place it in your override folder), select the scale and click Process. The program will write the file to the specified location. The next time you boot up NWN, XP will be scaled accordingly. In the EE of NWN, the override folder is located in Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override

Please note that this has the potential to severly unbalance the game if extreme values are used. Use at your own risk.

To return XP to normal, simply delete the xptable.2da file in your override folder.

Download it here.

Comments

• LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    Can we have one that works on BGEE..? :)
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    You lost me. How is that any different from the XP scale slider in the toolset.
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32

Random guess (not seen actual program) would be that he edits 2da while toolset only multiplies 2da value. It would be nice if it allowed input for actual formula rather then just multiplying it. Could be nice for some servers having something different than old (500 * lvl * (lvl-1))
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402

I suppose the difference is that this will work for NWN campaigns which are bit problematic to edit in toolset. Also will work for any singleplayer modules that uses vanilla XP system (but who knows how big percentage is it...)

All without using toolset so much more user friendly.
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    Apologies for the late reply, but Shadooow pretty much nails the reasons with his post. It allows users not familiar with (or that do not wish to get involved with) the toolset an easier time. It is also not module specific, so will effect all modules - potentially making things quicker and easier for the player.