Skip to content

Am I Going Nuts? Change to forum layout/design.

For various reasons I haven't been on the forum much recently, so I am beginning to wonder if I am imagining things.

However, I now get a white box at the bottom of every thread with the words "Type Your Comment" in it. When I click on it it turns black (thankfully, the white is awful) with a blue outline.

It didn't use to be like this always did it? And what am I doing wrong? What mishap have I caused by inadvertantly clicking on something?
ThacoBellPermidion_StarklefreutdunbarContemplative_HamsterRik_KirtaniyaBelgarathMTH

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I noticed too. It's s minor change that doesn't bother me over much but not sure that it's an improvement.
    Grond0ThacoBellContemplative_Hamster
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I hate it, to be honest. I've refreshed the site a lot thinking it was something wrong with the page.

Gives the impression that I've pressed Ctrl + A somehow and got stuck with that box.
    UnderstandMouseMagicContemplative_HamsterBelgarathMTH
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Management is forcing us to go through 5S bullshit for the 2nd time in 5 years so maybe I'm just more used to changing things for no apparent reason ...
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Thanks for the replies. :)
    So it isn't something I've done.

And agree with @Raduziel, I hate it and it's so intrusive.
    And it turns white and the script fades when you press anything, as it did just now when I pressed the "agree" button.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Balrog99 said:

Management is forcing us to go through 5S bullshit for the 2nd time in 5 years so maybe I'm just more used to changing things for no apparent reason ...

If you're going through 5S for the second time you never went through 5S.

I just love Total Quality Management <3
    Balrog99
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2018
    I thought it was a bug on my end. It seems I'm not the only one not liking this change :p

It seems there is a mismatch between the class used in the html and the css, hence the different background color between focused and unfocused. An update to Vanilla may have broke things.

Tagging @JuliusBorisov so that he can pass it to weddev to see if they can fix it :)

If you use Firefox, you can create a file named userContent.css inside the chrome folder of your profile and put this code:
    @-moz-document domain(forums.beamdog.com) {
    .InputBox {
      background: #000 !important;
      border: 1px solid #7b4316 !important;
      -moz-border-radius: 0 !important;
      color: #aaa !important;
    }

.userContent > :not(:last-child) {
      margin-bottom: 0 !important;
    }
    }
    Post edited by lefreut on
    RaduzielContemplative_HamsterUnderstandMouseMagicThacoBell
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    The mobile site is all white with black text and there I see no difference.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    It reminds me of those online forms which demand that you enter something into a box before you can proceed to the next step (and it makes my eyes go "ouch!").
    Permidion_StarkUnderstandMouseMagicThacoBell
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    dunbar said:

It reminds me of those online forms which demand that you enter something into a box before you can proceed to the next step (and it makes my eyes go "ouch!").

Yes, it comes across as a command rather than helpful.
    I'm like,
    "OK, OK I'm typing, don't shoot".
    ThacoBell
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Ah, and I thought it was my device that went rogue...

What annoys me the most is the fact that the emoticons are uplifted from the normal line level. So, whenever I'm using one, it creates an obtrusive space in between the lines. Like this: :(

I wonder if @Minion is behind all this...
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2018

What annoys me the most is the fact that the emoticons are uplifted from the normal line level. So, whenever I'm using one, it creates an obtrusive space in between the lines. Like this: :(

It can also be fixed via userContent.css, I have updated my previous post.