Skip to content

Useful information related to SetObjectVisualTransform and NWN model size / D&D size.

ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
edited June 2018 in Builders - Scripting
I done some testing SetObjectVisualTransform related to sizing of BD/bioware models in relation to D&D sizes
and found this break down get you in the ballpark of adjusting Creature models. I hope you find it useful in a scripting and CC way. Your millage may very, but should get you into the ballpark.

SetObjectVisualTransform related to creature & PC model sizing and D&D sizes.
-1 size .80
-2 size .60
-3 size .40
-4 size .20

+1 size 1.5
+2 size 2.5
+3 size 3.5
+4 size 4.5
NeverwinterWightsshadguyDerpCitydTdJFKGrymlorde

Comments

• QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    Can you resize a placeable or visual effect via script? if so how?
  • PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    SetObjectVisualTransform certainly works on placeables, e.g.

SetObjectVisualTransform(GetObjectByTag("object_tag"), OBJECT_VISUAL_TRANSFORM_SCALE, 2.0);

to double the placeable's size(use 0.5 instead of 2.0 to halve it). Similarly you can rotate/translate it as desired. Not sure about VFX but easy to test out.
    where do you run the script from? userdefined? I didn't see an onspawn for a placeable. I am ignorant to running a script on a placeable.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited August 2018
    You can scale placable in the same call as they are created with CreateObject in a script or if you just want a placed placable to scale then place the call on heartbeart with a check for a int as a marker that it been scaled so it does not repeat. As for visual effects you have to use a invisible object model with the effect on it then scale the object and the effect will scale with it. I hope that make sense, if not I can post some code.
    I was currently looking to scale the mist and fog placeable effects
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited August 2018
    Make a trigger and on the enter event add a test script with
    SetObjectVisualTransform(GetObjectByTag("x3_plc_mist"), OBJECT_VISUAL_TRANSFORM_SCALE, 2.0);

put down the mist placable nearby and go in and step into the trigger. I tested it and it does not come out very well the white center enlarges like crazy if you get up to 3x or more size increase.
    Thanks for that, and yes too big looks bad.

Though you might be able to get away with big if you had something placed in the middle of the bright white area to cover it.

Not going crazy on the size is working well for what I need. I can place less placeables to cover the area I want and the fog/mist spreads out better. I also noticed I needed to lower the height of them to -.50 or some variation of that.