Skip to content

Was the Cleric Spell Glyph of Warding fixed?

One thing that annoyed me about the old NWN was that the spell Glyph of Warding had an erroneous DC of 14. Was this ever fixed?

Comments

• Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Correct me if I'm wrong, and I am often wrong, but my impression is that Beamdog was to bring all of these "fixes" to the game, yes? Things like Glyph of Warding, and broken Circle Kicks, and Improved Invis/GS bug, and faulty Krenshar gazes, and the list goes on and on.
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    edited August 2018

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I am often wrong, but my impression is that Beamdog was to bring all of these "fixes" to the game, yes? Things like Glyph of Warding, and broken Circle Kicks, and Improved Invis/GS bug, and faulty Krenshar gazes, and the list goes on and on.

That is correct. They said that they would like to fix it all.

However, they are too busy working on engine and they cannot simply inherit my work - each single fix that my project contains needs to be explained separately - why it is bugged, where it is bugged, what is expected behavior and how to fix it and then after fix is done it needs to be verified by testers and then when it is verified each such fix needs to be added into changelog. Tremendous ammount of work considering there is more than 6.000 separated issues fixed in my project.

So while BeamDog said they want to do this they are not fixing content-based bugs and issues right now. Afterall they are still busy with fixing the reported crashing and bringing new functionalities.

I wouldn't be suprised if they dropped this type of fixes in the end due to the time constraints - afterall all these issues are fixed in fan made unofficial patch which works just fine with NWN:EE. But there isn't anything official on this matter.
    helmo1977
  • jglvz256jglvz256 Member Posts: 52
    May I ask here, has the bug where a very Hasted character could outrun his own protective circle/similar effect been fixed in EE or in a patch somewhere?
    edited August 2018
    jglvz256 said:

May I ask here, has the bug where a very Hasted character could outrun his own protective circle/similar effect been fixed in EE or in a patch somewhere?

BeamDog increased reliability of all AOE objects (auras, clounds, walls etc.). This was engine fix. Because the issues with outrunning AOE were caused by this it could be fixed, but I don't think there were specific tests to proof it. So theoretically it should be fixed, I don't know because the bug manifests only in PW and I also use community patch which fixed all the issues with AOEs.
  • RifleLeroyRifleLeroy Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2018
    Shadooow said:

I wouldn't be suprised if they dropped this type of fixes in the end due to the time constraints

In this case,say goodbye to my money.

• DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32

Shadooow said:

I wouldn't be suprised if they dropped this type of fixes in the end due to the time constraints

I honestly don't understand this kind of mentality. There are 2 full Trello boards of various changes/tweaks/enhancements in game engine which either required "hacks"/workarounds or were straight up impossible to change in standard game. Those are the changes I would love to see in EE.

Why waste precious development time on things community can fix by themselves? If Those fixes are important to you why don't you just download Shadooow's CP? It's not like there is much difference whether he/community is doing it or BD.
    dTdSylvus_Moonbow
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    RifleLeroyhelmo1977
    chimaera said:

Imo, it is a bad marketing move - regardless of the product you are trying to sell - to tell a potential customer that they should look for troubleshooting and bugfixes elsewhere. This attitude might have worked over a decade ago, because when nwn came out there wasn't as much competition. But frankly, nowadays there are more interesting games coming out then I'll even have time to play. So yes, some players - myself included - will be expecting more from the EE.

Just to be clear. This isn't the message BeamDog is giving out. I am not BeamDog employee and I said that there are no official statements for this.

I just said that they aren't working on these kind of fixes right now (fact) and I wouldn't be suprised if they decided not to fix this kind of content in the end (assumption based on informations on the timeline/todo list on trello + some observations of current progress over time).

So please choose words carefully as your post implies that BeamDog already made that decision which is incorrect.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AlcopopStarAlcopopStar Member Posts: 28
    It's great your doing so much community work Shadow, but it's a shame none of this is official. Convincing the four friends I want to play with to install a community mod that has to be reinstalled with every patch is a hard sell unfortunately. Though clearly no fault of your own. Hopefully the Dev team picks up some of your fixes and makes them official. Until then i'll hold off on purchasing.
    dTdRifleLeroyhelmo1977
    edited August 2018
    DFDark said:

I honestly don't understand this kind of mentality. There are 2 full Trello boards of various changes/tweaks/enhancements in game engine which either required "hacks"/workarounds or were straight up impossible to change in standard game. Those are the changes I would love to see in EE.

I'm not against innovation,so features,tweaks,enhancements etc etc are always welcome,but we have tons and tons of broken stuff in nwn,in many case very old bugs/exploit,very well documented,that has never been fixed after 16 years and many many patch.
    Not fixing them in nwn_ee means selling a good that can not be used to its full potential, without considering those stuff that does not work properly and therefore could be potentially dangerous for PW.
    Also, not all players and administrators are aware of certain problems and therefore not including some fixes in the game exposes them to certain risks. In my country this is considered a disservice by who sell the game.

Im not asking for the moon ,im just looking for a fix to certain skills/function,that would make the game safer, and more richer.
    Then i will buy the game.

DFDark said:

Why waste precious development time on things community can fix by themselves?

Yes because community alone can fix a bug like the one to get ifinite attack, isn't it?
    DFDark said:

If Those fixes are important to you why don't you just download Shadooow's CP? It's not like there is much difference whether he/community is doing it or BD.

The market does not work like that.
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2018
    chimaera said:

DFDark said:

Shadooow said:

Why waste precious development time on things community can fix by themselves? If Those fixes are important to you why don't you just download Shadooow's CP? It's not like there is much difference whether he/community is doing it or BD.
    Imo, it is a bad marketing move - regardless of the product you are trying to sell - to tell a potential customer that they should look for troubleshooting and bugfixes elsewhere. This attitude might have worked over a decade ago, because when nwn came out there wasn't as much competition. But frankly, nowadays there are more interesting games coming out then I'll even have time to play. So yes, some players - myself included - will be expecting more from the EE.
    Now thinking about it You do have a point there. On the bright side I do remember Trent saying on several streams "if it's broken, we will fix it". So the final ball for that is still in BD court.

Just to be clear I was talking about things community can fix themselves. Not all of them.
  • Drewbert_ahoyDrewbert_ahoy Member Posts: 96
    Well they did get the whirlwind bug. Don't see why they would stop there. Also, Bioware used some community fixes back in the day, like Kovi's bug fix to the chain lightning spell. Kovi was never an actual employee.

Well they did get the whirlwind bug. Don't see why they would stop there. Also, Bioware used some community fixes back in the day, like Kovi's bug fix to the chain lightning spell. Kovi was never an actual employee.

That was a smart move by bioware.
    Why beamdog does not do the same thing with the shadooow patch?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks for the feedback. Make sure the bugs you're interested in as a player are reported at support.baldursgate.com .
  • AlcopopStarAlcopopStar Member Posts: 28
    Thanks, i submitted it.
    JuliusBorisov