Skip to content

I love Cernd (spoilers)

I know Cernd gets spell-sequenced triple-skull-trap-grade flack from the community, but I will forever treasure what he did for me tonight in the first level of the Spellhold Asylum.

You see, I'm doing my first-ever SCS BG II EE run. Yes, I activated Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold. I never knew that Yuan Ti mages could be that terrifying.

And then there was Cernd.

Between Greater Werewolf Form, Summon Insects, and Creeping Doom, he has been a literal and figurative monster.

Sure Viconia's summons played a major part. Yes, Edwin almost broke a sweat with a spell here and there. That was expected. But it was that dorky shapeshifter that saved the day.

I'd say "bless you, Cernd", but he's the one in my party that does the blessing! ;)
AedanborntodieZaghoulRaduzielStefanOronaldoBorekRavenslightsarevok57lunarUnderstandMouseMagicBelgarathMTH[Deleted User]

Comments

• borntodieborntodie Member Posts: 199
    I have recently started to appreciate druids more and more, as well. Especially multi or dual fighter/druids. Ironskins turns you into an incredible tank. Insect plague is murderous. And last but not least, Summon Woodland Being is secretly a mass heal that sits at spell level 4.
    ZaghoulStefanObutteredsoul[Deleted User]
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2018
    Haha @ThacoBell ! I suppose at a minimum he's obliviously neglectful and selfish.

In my case his punishment includes being dragged along with the murderous spawn of Bhaal and four other evil companions. Cernd keeps complaining about "The Greater Balance". Other than slight grins here and there, everyone ignores him. :D
    Borek
    @borntodie - Great point about Summon Woodland Being. The second level spells are bit more challenging as far as utility goes, but resisting fire/cold is always welcome. I really like the fire elementals too.

When BGEE 2.5 drops I'm thinking of rolling a F9 dual to Druid named Muir. I better finish this run soon!
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    For the ultimate druid/shaman experience: Install Spell Revision (a G3 mod) for even better low level druid spells. Be warned though: Spell Revisions changes much more and is probably not to everybody's taste
    Zaghoul
    Further information on the corruption of Cernd:
    Guess who got the killing blow on Adalon? Yep. Two insect plagues and a creeping doom. Cernd, murderer of nature's greatest creations.
    ThacoBell
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Cernd is great - I'm using him in TOB as a back line spellcaster with Barkskin and Ironskin, and I think I love him :)
    butteredsoul
    Agreed, @Dharius. When he hits 15 (which he just did with me during the SCS Ust Natha finale) he completely opens up. Nothing like going from 1 to up to several creeping dooms. I bet while he was hugging trees he never thought he'd be roping in Fallen Devas to do some killing. :smiley:
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited August 2018
    Yep, I never thought I'd be falling in love with working with Cernd, Valygar and Mazzy, but I AM AND I DO :)
    butteredsoul[Deleted User]
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I heard his single now. OP may roll the dice and hit on him.
    borntodieRVNS

RaduzielRVNS[Deleted User]
  • NuinNuin Member Posts: 451
    edited August 2018
    People tend to put too much stock in damage spells when save-or-win spells can do pretty much the same thing, and druids are like that against most humanoid enemies.