Skip to content

An injustice that can be fixed this time. (maybe?)

Short spears, in the base game.

I want my shield and spear combo without having to use hakpaks.

Lets say even if there was a paid expansion pack, that added a the weapons that were overlooked in the original game. Heavy Maces, Javelins, Picks, Great club, Spiked Chain, Nunchaku, Even lets say Hand Crossbows, or the Blowgun?

Those are just weapons from 3rd edition that were missed, there's a few more, and even many more if you look at pathfinder instead.

Comments

• BaratanBaratan Member Posts: 10
    You don't need to use a hakpak if you drop your modified baseitems. 2da in the override folder.

I'd be more interested in beamdog enabling the addition of new baseitems than them just adding new ones themselves. Everyone has their own ideas of which items should be added next. Making that something that the community has access to limits new items only to the expanse of the imagination.
  • FeardainFeardain Member Posts: 12
    My problem with that, is that every player would have to have the modified .2da? would they not?
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    If you need it for a server can't you just use the hak version?
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    Is Monkey Grip a 3e feat, or is that 3.5e? If the former, giving us that feat would go a long way to fixing the issue of spears + swords, along with other benefits.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    It's a 3e feat, IIRC. I think it was in a supplement for martial classes.
    Cool, in which case I would like to see that added as well. Perhaps also making Bastard Swords one AND two-handed, as they should be.
  • MecheonMecheon Member Posts: 12
    Some sort of ability to let the player chose to make a bastard sword, katana or spear one or two handed would be useful.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Cool, in which case I would like to see that added as well. Perhaps also making Bastard Swords one AND two-handed, as they should be.

There are no penalties or feats in NWN related to holding a weapon with one or two hands, therefore bastards swords, one handed as they are now, already attend your request.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    For now you can do a lot of things using scripts.

It would be easier if Beamdog changed the rules for weapon equipping but for now I think you can spoof a lot of it up to huge and colossal weapons. The equip/unequip events can be used to apply and remove bonuses given the rules conditions and checking the presence of custom feats with haks.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Just to add clarification, the 1.5x multiplier is as the rules is in pnp. Nwn2 implemented this, iirc. The only benefit to using and bastard swords two-handed in nwn1 is that shorties can use them that way.
    edited December 2017
    scriver said:

Just to add clarification, the 1.5x multiplier is as the rules is in pnp. Nwn2 implemented this, iirc. The only benefit to using and bastard swords two-handed in nwn1 is that shorties can use them that way.

Exactly. So, I suppose I am asking for two things here then:
    1. For one-handed weapons wielded in two hands to get the correct 1.5x STR damage - as per the 3e rules. Just like NWN 2 fixed.
    2. For the "Monkey Grip" feat to be added, allowing people to use two-handed weapons in one hand (size permitting) at the AB penalty (as NWN 2 added).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724