Skip to content

A Realy Simple Way For Getting Drizzt's Equipment

adam777adam777 Member Posts: 14
Hello all,
With the 2.5 patch out, I decided to take another spin on BGEE.
By complete accident, I found out a very simple way of getting drizzt's equipment.

1. Turn off party AI.
2. Make sure auto pause on enemy detection is enabled.
3. walk toward drizzt's location from the east and you will stop once you detect the first gnoll.
4. DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER WEST, so drizzt will not become visible.
5. Once the gnoll is visible it will start attacking drizzt.
6. Here's the beauty - as long as drizzt isn't visible, he will not try to attack the gnolls back - you can simply walk around carefully in order to trigger more gnolls attacking drizzt and as long as drizzt isn't visible he will simply die without lifting a finger, leaving his equipment behind (it will take some time, though, the gnolls aren't very good at hitting him...)

That's it, pretty much foolproof,

PS.
You need to turn off party AI just to make sure you character will not go after the gnolls, which will definitely bring drizzt into view, triggering the dialog etc.

Comments

• parrkerparrker Member Posts: 22
    Would this work if you hide in shadows or cast invisibility and trigger all gnolls at once, or Drizzt will see through that?
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited August 2018
    That sounds great adam777. I'll try doing that.
    Grond0 your approach is very cool but it sounds like a bit of a long shot
    Post edited by Ludwig_II on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    parrker said:

Would this work if you hide in shadows or cast invisibility and trigger all gnolls at once, or Drizzt will see through that?

drizzt does have see through invisible creatures so that wont work
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Ludwig_II said:

Grond0 your approach is very cool but it sounds like a bit of a long shot

Not really - if you want to do it, it's mainly a question of patience. In LoB the extra HPs make it very likely one or more of the gnolls will break their weapon, but that may not happen playing on lower difficulty. However, if it doesn't happen reasonably quickly then just leave the area. Coming back resets the encounter, so the gnolls have another chance to break a weapon - continue doing that until they do.
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    Cowards! Should have too face him and best him for his loot that’s just asinine.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Why is everyone trying to kill Drizzt ? Am I the only one that never though of killing him before I see it mentioned in some forums ?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2018
    lefreut said:

Why is everyone trying to kill Drizzt ? Am I the only one that never though of killing him before I see it mentioned in some forums ?

I thought everyone had at least one go at killing Drizzt just to see if it can be done and so you could take a look at his gear?

Back in the old days of playing BG1 I used to use Gatekeeper to give his elven chain to my female paladin because the original female sprites looked like they were wearing pointy bras on top of their armour when they were wearing plate (and if my memory serves his chainmail had the same AC as plate).
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
    Dordledum said:

lefreut said:

he has some great loot!
    indeed, his weapons are the best one-handed weapons in the game, and his armor is the best armor a barbarian or fighter/thief can use

( at least in the base game not counting SoD, haven't played SoD enough to know if there is better stuff, but i would almost bet there still isn't )
  • Question2Question2 Member Posts: 74
    Its sad that you have to use such roundabout ways to kill Drizzt, unfortunately his cheat stats make it nearly impossible to kill him without cheating.

He has 98% magic resistance for no reason and an effective AC of -14...
    Question2 said:

Its sad that you have to use such roundabout ways to kill Drizzt, unfortunately his cheat stats make it nearly impossible to kill him without cheating.

actually -16 AC because of twinkle

and out all the times i've ever fought drizzt ( which has to be 1000+) there came a fateful day, where i cast hold person on him, and it ACTUALLY connected, i even posted the screenshot on this forum somewhere, i remember the odd magic missile or even web holding him for a round, but hold person? mmm that was delicious
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    edited August 2018
    Question2 said:

He's actually not difficult to kill. I've done that many times solo, just kiting him using only the boots of speed. If you're a late-game fighter type and fully potioned up you can hit him reasonably easily with missiles (it's even possible to melee him - though that's pushing it :p). If you want a short fight you can guarantee hits using arrows of explosion, though I wouldn't normally waste those on Drizzt.

Playing in a party, just have him chase one of your characters while the others shoot him - with 5 attacking the criticals soon mount up, so you can do that at level 1 just using one of the oils of speed from Imoen/Montaron.
    Grond0 said:

Question2 said:

He's actually not difficult to kill. I've done that many times solo, just kiting him using only the boots of speed. If you're a late-game fighter type and fully potioned up you can hit him reasonably easily with missiles (it's even possible to melee him - though that's pushing it :p). If you want a short fight you can guarantee hits using arrows of explosion, though I wouldn't normally waste those on Drizzt.

Playing in a party, just have him chase one of your characters while the others shoot him - with 5 attacking the criticals soon mount up, so you can do that at level 1 just using one of the oils of speed from Imoen/Montaron.
    exactly how i fight belhifet in IWD hahaha