Skip to content

ToB: Sarevok redemption banter -Timer

I have been waiting forever (leaving the game run for several hours) for the first banter to start. Now I am on day 90 and about to face Baltazhar and still nothing. I am on an iPad so cannot force the banter with CTRL+i . Does someone know how long does I take to appear? Is it random? Basically, what are the rules for it to trigger? I didn’t make his swear allegiance, even though it apparently does not matter

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't think its timed, so much as dependant on how you respond to him in banters/events. He always does the alignment shift after Yaga-Shura for me. Like, almost immediately.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    He has never spoken :-/
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sounds like a bug. He should be quite talkative.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Nice to see you, @MacHurto . ;)

Please zip and attach your save at support.baldursgate.com so that our QA could help you!
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Could be the timer..

I just loaded up my save from ToB and i just brought down Yaga and explored most of the monk area, hadn't heard a peep from Sarevok for quite a while.

Used ctrl + i to get banters going, and sure enough i had several from him and it lead to him being chaotic good.. so i'd been advancing too quick.

I skipped all of Saradush outside of killing Gromnir and the vampires in the dungeon.. went and collected the key to sewers etc, so i was done with Saradush in 30-40 minutes

I think many, many banters in ToB require both progress AND time.
    I have for example blasted through ToB several times with Aerie and barely even learned she was preggers before it was over, kid nowhere near being born.. also gone through ToB many times without Sarevok being near redemption... even so, many of these banters won't trigger even after dozens of hours unless you've gotten so-and-so far in the pocket plane/killing bhaalspawn.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    tob in general seems to have a ;longer timer for banters compared to soa. i'd recommend getting a banter accelerator if they are not firing right away.