Skip to content

[SoD] how to turn off the smoke machine in lich's lair

agrisagris Member Posts: 581
This new smoke effect that Beamdog rolled out in SoD is pretty cool in some maps, it really makes them feel like a pitched battle is taking place when smoke crosses the screen. Unfortunately, I'm getting too much smoke on the dwarven lich map. Look at this.

We might disagree on what's artistic or not, but that's hard to see. Is this supposed to be the "cool mists rising from a dank crypt" VFX? If it is, it needs to be turned down. Looking at the area map, I even found the smoke machine's source.

So is this a bug, or working as intended?
AstafasTrudeauIsSanta

Comments

• TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    edited April 2016
    At first I was like "What? I don't remember that part of the quest." Then I entered the topic. Laughed my ass off.

Sorry, not sure how to fix it. Have you tried enabling alternate renderer, or disabling weather? Shots in the dark...
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    I disabled weather because of this and it fixed it...
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    So uhhh... did this get fixed? Can we get an ini tweak at least to disable fog so we don't have to nuke all weather to remove it?
    argent77 said:

Adding the following line to baldur.lua should disable fog globally:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Enable Fog','0')

Thanks @argent77, that's a good work around. Anyone know if the issue has been fixed though?
    Bump - has the fog effect obscuring maps as in the above images been fixed in the 2.5 beta, or is the "fix" to disable the new feature entirely?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    agris said:

Bump - has the fog effect obscuring maps as in the above images been fixed in the 2.5 beta, or is the "fix" to disable the new feature entirely?

SoD is not (yet) in beta at the moment.

agrisJuliusBorisov
    Does anyone know if this bug was fixed in the 2.5 release of SoD?