Skip to content

import to Bg2EE on android

Hi,

Having finished BG on my tablet, I want to import my character to BG2EE. Following advice from various threads here, I copied the final save data over into the BG2 folder. However, nothing shows up when trying to import during character creation in SoA. The save does show up during char creation in ToB, however, and when clicking 'load game' in SoA. Trying to load it crashes the app. I suppose this is a bug? Is there any way to imprt my character?

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Forrh, welcome to the forum. You could try and export your character to a .chr file in BGEE then copy to BG2EE character folder and import from .chr.

What was the folder you copied your game across to?

Gus
  • ForrhForrh Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, that ended up working. It was just annoying having to unistall bg2, download & install bg1, export the character, uninstall bg1, download & install bg2 again (not having enough space to install them simultaneously).

The path was I believe /Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/save. I'm quite sure I put it in the right place, as is also evidenced by the fact that the save showed up under "load game"..

I also started a game of ToB and saved, and that save appeared in the same place, but again it wasn't possible to imprt from it in SoA character creation. So I guess that function is just plain broken.
    @Forhh, you were so close... it actually is:

/Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/files/save

Sounds like you may have used that anyway if it showed up in the load game dialogue.

I have finished a game in BGEE, then started BG2EE and have been able to import my character without difficulties. I haven't tried with the latest version but will do (just to test). With mine, both games have been installed at the same time but I do understand your problem with space.

If you have an external SDCard in your device, then what you can do (have done this in the past so I know it works well) is:

- Install one game (right now you have BG2EE installed).
    - Create a folder on your SDCard to store the .obbs and copy them there.
    - Delete them from your phone SDCard (internal) using a File Manager (don't uninstall) leaving the folder structure in place.
    - Install the other game (BGEE), create a folder on external SDCard and do the same, copy .obbs abd delete.
    - Now you can copy the .obbs onto your internal SDCard Obb folder based on which ever game you want to play at the time. Much better than reinstalling/redownloading all the time.

Hope that helps for next time. Now I shall try a test import... Let you know how I go.
    Gus

• ForrhForrh Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2018
    Woops, yeah, I was typing the path from memory and forgot that part, but I definitely used it (I let the game create the directories).

Anyway, I solved the problem: It seems that SoA looks for save files in the BG1 file tree, not the BG2 one. So I just tried recreating the BG1 directories and put the save there, and then the game found them! (going by other threads on here, this might not have been the case for older versions). So if you can install both simultaneously, you don't actually have to fiddle with save files at all. It would just make more sense if both directories were checked..
    Sounds good. You found the way... I was sure we use to be able to get it from the BG2EE save folder as well but tried and no luck.

Gus