Skip to content

Who among my team can I temporarily remove?

There are so many characters in this game and the quests for some of them are nearby, such as the quest from Safana to raid the pirate cove, and I am tempted to temporarily recruit them and remove them later as I am currently set on my team (since this is my first playthrough) composing of: My main half-elf tri-classing as fighter/mage/thief dual wielding scimitars, my secondary half-elf jester, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, and Neera. Among these, how, if possible, should I remove one of them to recruit these temporary members?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Khalid won't be at your party without Jaheira and vice-versa.

I would focus on the class of the NPC I'm adding if I were you. So I would trade Safana for Imoen as both are thieves and Neera for Xan, as both are wizards, etc.

Just keep in mind that:

1) There are other NPCs pairs that won't allow themselves to be split (like Eldoth/Skie and Montaron/Xzar).

2) If you dismiss your secondary HE Jester there's a chance that you will not be able to recruit him/her again (IDK if this behavior is fixed)

3) There are NPCs that don't get along with each other.
  • FQVBSinaFQVBSina Member Posts: 39
    Raduziel said:

Khalid won't be at your party without Jaheira and vice-versa.

I would focus on the class of the NPC I'm adding if I were you. So I would trade Safana for Imoen as both are thieves and Neera for Xan, as both are wizards, etc.

Just keep in mind that:

1) There are other NPCs pairs that won't allow themselves to be split (like Eldoth/Skie and Montaron/Xzar).

2) If you dismiss your secondary HE Jester there's a chance that you will not be able to recruit him/her again (IDK if this behavior is fixed)

3) There are NPCs that don't get along with each other.

When you say trade, you mean temporary trade? Are any of those character quests actually worth the trouble? Does any character retain remorse for being removed from the group?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    In BG1 no one really cares if you remove them. I think Neera and Dorn might complain, but they happily join you later anyway as if nothing happened.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @FQVBSina Temporary or permanent trade, it is your call. As Thacobell stated, there's no real consequence for removing and re-recruiting a NPC from your party.

As for the quests... without a mod called BG1 NPC Project, not really. But that's just my opinion. The real action when it comes to NPCs (romances, quests, interjections) comes in BG2.
  • FQVBSinaFQVBSina Member Posts: 39
    Raduziel said:

@FQVBSina Temporary or permanent trade, it is your call. As Thacobell stated, there's no real consequence for removing and re-recruiting a NPC from your party.

As for the quests... without a mod called BG1 NPC Project, not really. But that's just my opinion. The real action when it comes to NPCs (romances, quests, interjections) comes in BG2.

I see. Thanks! When I remove someone, they would only return to the location listed on the wiki if the map/day resets right? Otherwise I can find them at the spot I removed them?