Skip to content

"Your player name has been refused by the server" MP ISSUE

Help, I tried to play MP but I always get this problem. If I use a name and set it as default, then for some reason, even if the server has no Password, then it would bring an issue about not being able to connect due to a wrong password input (?).
It even rejects ANY name I put, even if its just gibberish

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Hi there!

Are you able to connect to your own games?

Could you check your nwplayer.ini (Should be in the same location as your nwn.ini). Open it, and take a look at what your Player Name is currently set to. If it's not there, could you try joining a server, setting a player name and saving it as your default, attempt to join the server, if it fails, quit out of the game, and restart it, trying to connect again.

(This is mostly to make sure that the player name is being saved appropriately, and is being accessed. If you haven't been saving a player name by default, then it's possible that when it tries to read the playername, it just sees "blank" for some reason).

Let me know how it goes!
  • CarpotCarpot Member Posts: 2
    Having same issue on every online server i have attempted to join.
    I checked name in the nwnplayer.ini, and attempt to use same name when logging in. Any other ideas?
    Thanks
  • CarpotCarpot Member Posts: 2
    after rebooting and trying again, it says cdkey unauthorized. So I wen to GoG and recovered a cdkey . Now I don't know how to get the opportunity to enter revised cd key. Any advice?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724