Skip to content

DLC for baldurs gate saga

Is it only me who wish for more content for baldurs gate saga?

I know many people says that mods can do the same, but in my experince there are allot of bugs and crashes with bugs and not always made professional. And if you stach multiple mods the game becomes unstable.

Comments

• DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    edited August 2018
    You mean like Siege of Dragonspear? Yeah, can't wait to start that. But I will wait, because I have to finish BGEE first.
  • TurboTTTurboTT Member Posts: 15
    That is correct, I mean content sa Siege of Dragonspear :)
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    The BG saga is big enough as it is.

What we need is more IWD!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its already a very big series content wise. You can only add so much without it becoing bloat. Personally, I think BD should close lingering plot threads and maybe do some small companion quests for ToB.

Now a new game/series in the same scope as BG would be great. PoE is really good, but skews a little cynical for me.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Black Isle's ultimately unsuccessful BG3 would have brought back none of the familiar BG1/2 characters (due to rights issues) and would essentially have been a sequel to IWD2. Could have been interesting.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    again if beamdog made a bg 3 it would not be what you want. it will be a new story in the same setting.

now as for more dlc. we got sod as there was a missing piece to the plot and now thats filled. anything else can be added by mods.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited September 2018
    Not anything. Classes can't be added by mods, and this is just a quick example from the top of my head.

I'm a fan of a new DLC, as long as it doesn't enlarges the saga, otherwise we will have again the same problem we had with SoD: an ok story for a standalone game, but an awful one for a BG game.
    Yeah right, SoD's story was the best in the series.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Best is debatable. Same quality of railroading you face in ToB. But at least with Wheels of prophecy game becomes open and you can do whatever you want.
    @Arthas The openness of a game is a gameplay thing and not a story thing. The ability to wander has no bearing on BG1's main story, etc.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yeah. the open worldish nature of baldurs gate is more for the side content. both games are very linear if your just doing the story. bg 1 is actually very short if you just do the main plot.

all tob and sod did was cut the fat and mostly focused on the main plot and it's more noticeable there when compered to the main games. altho sod did a better job with it's side content then tob did.

they are also expansion so you should not expect a full experience with them as they are meant to be shorter and more focused.

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i think they should take a look at all their original EE content (except SoD) and make a final pass to lift it up to the level of SoD. including graphics, sound, etc.

main problems for me from the top of my head (there's a lot more)
    - the incomprehensible first area of neera's BG:EE quest (the sparse one, with the neutral goblins)
    - lack of an interesting gameplay mechanic in lunia, and lack of an interior area there (a temple-like area maybe? just anything? the whole place simply lacks a layer of depth)
    - general lack of ground detail, texture variation and vegetation in various areas compared to SoD
    - smudgy and visibly upscaled graphics of the heretic temple exterior (Rasaad's quest in BG2:EE)
    - dubious looking star-trek portals of lunia with all the low-poly rocks
    - questionable smudgy water animations in various places
    - korkorran's cheaply processed metallic voice, and many other voice files that reek of a dead room with a tinge of tin can
    - some item graphics that seemed unfinished (maybe that's been fixed by now, can't remember)