Skip to content

Anomen weapon proficiency

How come getting Knighted allows Mastery (3 slots)? I don't remember seeing anything about this. Viconia left due to reputation and now I'm thinking that he's actually a reasonable NPC, if somewhat annoying romance.

Comments

• byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    I always thought that him getting 3 slots was a glitch.
    ThacoBell
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it's because of his fighter class, he is actually allowed to get grand mastery in any weapon a cleric can use, so as far as what i am hearing, everything is working as it should

also note on the romance, you are never forced to actually do them, if you don't want to do the romance just tell him early on you don't want to hear about what he has to say, or shut him down or something on those lines, he will stay in the party and everything will be hunky doory
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrgorgonzola
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh, is he a dual? I haven't used him in a long time. I was thinking he was a multi.
    ThacoBell said:

Oh, is he a dual? I haven't used him in a long time. I was thinking he was a multi.

he is a human, so he would indeed be a dual class, unless the OP is using some sort of whacky mod that has changed this
    ThacoBell
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 164
    sarevok57 said:

he is a human, so he would indeed be a dual class, unless the OP is using some sort of whacky mod that has changed this

Standard EE, no mods.

Hadn't realised dual class worked like this. Was thinking it was like multi class, with respect to proficiency
    sarevok57
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    I have to agree, Anomen is one of the best NPCs in terms of class and stats, even if he doesn't get knighted. Whether you like his personality or not is up to you, and it's not very relevant in my opinion :)
    Balrog99BelgarathMTHsarevok57
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    sarevok57 said:

it's because of his fighter class, he is actually allowed to get grand mastery in any weapon a cleric can use, so as far as what i am hearing, everything is working as it should

yep, the only thing that is not working as it should is his WIS, to low to allow a fighter to dual into cleric, and the fact that in his personal quest is possible to have it raised is not relevant, as the value at the moment he changed class matters.

we have 3 really good vanilla clerics, viconia and anomen really close as clerical level, she with the drow magic resistance, he with the fighter bonuses, +1.5apr if gm is reached and higher hp pool. aerie is a multi so she has less clerical levels and spells, but the mix of arcane and divine spells is insanely strong and fun to play.

i feel that many anomen users, mainly the beginners or occasional players, don't use him at the real potential, a dw anomen with the +0.5apr gauntlets, foa and an other good mace, with all the clerical combat buffs on has 25str without using crom, base thaco of a fighter of the same level of his clerical one and 4apr before being hasted. he gains also better ac as his dex is improved and more hp from the buffing spells (+2hp each clerical level) and from the better con that duhm gives.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    He's certainly the best melee cleric by far, though missing out on fighter HLAs becomes a significant issue in the late game.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    jsaving said:

He's certainly the best melee cleric by far, though missing out on fighter HLAs becomes a significant issue in the late game.

about the best mlee cleric i am not so sure, aerie loses 1.5apr but is a much superior tank with the arcane ac buffs, stoneskin, pfmw and the mantle line spells and she can cast on self improved haste and use sequencers to buff in a pinch or rebuff while in combat.
    1 vs 1, buffed and mlee fighting probably she would destroy him, dealing only 4 apr, but being completely immune to his 8 apr.
    he is the best mlee damage dealer, no doubt about it, but not the best mlee fighter as she is so much superior in the tanking component of the mlee fighting.

about the missing of fighter HLAs there is so much a high level cleric can do to, summon a couple of skeletal warrior and a deva as helpers, disable enemy spellcasting with SoV stacked elemental damages and so on. imo is much better than some GWW.

sarevok57 said:

yep, the only thing that is not working as it should is his WIS, to low to allow a fighter to dual into cleric, and the fact that in his personal quest is possible to have it raised is not relevant, as the value at the moment he changed class matters.

we have 3 really good vanilla clerics, viconia and anomen really close as clerical level, she with the drow magic resistance, he with the fighter bonuses, +1.5apr if gm is reached and higher hp pool. aerie is a multi so she has less clerical levels and spells, but the mix of arcane and divine spells is insanely strong and fun to play.

i feel that many anomen users, mainly the beginners or occasional players, don't use him at the real potential, a dw anomen with the +0.5apr gauntlets, foa and an other good mace, with all the clerical combat buffs on has 25str without using crom, base thaco of a fighter of the same level of his clerical one and 4apr before being hasted. he gains also better ac as his dex is improved and more hp from the buffing spells (+2hp each clerical level) and from the better con that duhm gives.
    you can always give anomen the bracers of dexterity so when you hit level 18 you can have a 24 in DEX which gives you a nifty +6 AC bonus altogether
    gorgonzola
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    My favorite run through SoA and ToB was with me as a Cavalier adventuring with Anomen and Keldorn. My Charname dual-weaponed with Purifier and Crom Faer, Keldorn used Carsomyr and Anomen went sword-and-board with the Flail of Ages. I don't even remember the other three who went with us since they didn't have to do much...
    sarevok57gorgonzola