Skip to content

Save import from Black Pits to Black Pits 2

So i tried to import my characters from the end of the first Black Pits to the sequel and some of my characters are missing their portraits (Clara and Voghiln portraits).

All imported characters also have completely broken soundsets and they're spouting random pieces of dialogue from BG2 instead (Aerie, Dorn, Imoen etc.).

I have both BGs installed in their current 2.5 version on PC. How is something so mundane not working after all those numerous patches?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello! In which language do you play the game? What platform do you use?
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    English, GOG version, PC.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    BG:EE and BGII:EE use different soundsets for the player characters (due to legal reasons). So you have to go to the Record screen - Customize - Soundset - and choose a BG2 soundset for your imported characters.

Portraits - make sure to copy and paste your portraits from Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/portraits to Documents/Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition/portraits . For the Clara portrait, you can go to the Record screen - Customize - Appearance - and choose portrait for your imported character. There's no Voghiln portrait in BG2 by default as he's not a part of BG2.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    I've already managed to figure it out, but thanks anyway. Wasn't aware of the portrait exclusivity, which seems super weird.