Skip to content

Rasaad's quest

Hey, I've been having some trouble with Rasaad's SoA personal quest.

I'm at the heretic temple , went through the tests, and now facing the Sharan siege. Problem is, once I've killed or driven them off, There's no conversation afterwards. Nothing updates. Surviving monks keep "attempting to hide in shadows"

I have noticed that a couple of attackers run off and presumably escape, since I can't track them down once they go offscreen. Could this be causing the quest to glitch or something?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    How many of the allied monks survive the fight? I think Hammerhelm MAY need to survive to fully complete the quest. Its also possible that you are missing a couple enemies somewhere.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Yeah, i had this issue myself, but haven't played that part yet on the updated 2.5 version. Short version is Master of Combat needs to survive so that he can offer to take over the Order once you beat off the Sharrans. Note that it's NOT EASY to keep him alive as he has a nasty habit of running straight into combat and attracting most of the enemies in the process.
    ThacoBell
  • IakusIakus Member Posts: 36
    Most of the monks do die. But I have had a couple of fights where the Master of Combat survived, and he's right there "attempting to hide in shadows" with the others. I've been combing the map looking for stragglers, though not all my characters can see invis, so that might have hampered things.

In the end, I just dropped the difficulty down to Easy and managed to blast any runners. Rasaad then spoke after the battle and took over the Order.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    I just got past the quest myself on 2.5, 1st try he died, 2nd try i kept him alive (and out of my AoE spells lol) and his dialogue triggered. It's possible one of the Sharran Assassins suffered panic whilst under the effect of a potion of invis, thus blocking the dialogue in your 1st case, that would be my guess.
    Iakus
  • IakusIakus Member Posts: 36
    THAT would be a serious PITA to deal with...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I find that Rasaad battle to be one of the hardest fights, considering how early you can attempt it.
    Borek