Skip to content

SOU : Start of chapter 2, my henchman (Xanos) is suddenly hostile

At the start of chapter 2, my petrified henchman (Xanos) is hostile for no clear reason and Ashtara keeps attacking him. I tried using a stone to flesh scroll to turn him back to normal, but he still remains hostile and keeps attacking me and Ashtara. He still has all the scripted immunities and I cant use charm person on him.

Anyone know how to fix this? I cant target anything in the room with the console, something is blocking the cursor.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    This sounds like a bug. Please zip and attach your save at support.baldursgate.com for investigation.
  • Question2Question2 Member Posts: 74
    I play with mods and support wont look at files with mods installed IIRC.

In the end I had to kill him, then use the console to give myself a level in cleric temporarily, then spawn scrolls of heal and resurrection, to resurrect and heal him.

After which he went back to normal.

I found this fix on a really old forum thread elsewhere.

Maybe the problem was that he had some spell effect on him when i triggered the petrification cutscene, and the script that transferred him to the last chapter didnt take that into account, so he was permanently hostile.