Skip to content

Shakti Figurine

I am not sure how to do a poll so I will just ask and count any responses on my fingers, toes if necessary.

I am doing a poverty run with a cleric/mage and I just made it to ToB. She has only kept gold and scrolls never used anything but I have reached a dilemma. Her name is Vasilisa and I absolutely cannot finish the game without a doll, you know the tale about her, her magic doll and Baba Yaga the witch. The first time I played a character with the name Vasilisa I just kept Wellyn’s bear and felt so guilty that I never did it again and would wait until ToB and keep the Shakti Figurine. This is the first time I have ran her in a poverty run and my question is this:

Can I actually use the Figurine?

Now normally I would not, but...
1)It is in no way adding power. All of the Shapechange forms are more powerful and the limitations of the figurine make it far less powerful than my character is in every way.
2)The doll is pivotal in Vasilisa’s tale, it is possible that my babushka will come back and haunt me if I don’t use it. I always use it at least once in actual combat.

I wish that I would have used a different name but I will not be restarting now.
What do y’all think?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You've gor a really interesting story going on there,so why not keep the doll?
    ThacoBelllolien
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

As a mage, wouldn't you be able to have a familiar?
    And wouldn't that count?

I don't know the story you are referencing about Baba Yaga though.
    But I admire your dedication to the RP. :)
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    Thanks. :) I will probably keep the figurine and not use it.

Can you believe that I forgot about the familiar? :D I was waiting for ToB for the higher hit points and it completely slipped my mind. Poverty runs are so slow! Sheesh! The fairy dragon would be okay I think and would be a way to still keep the story close. It is not a doll though it would be easy to use it without breaking the integrity of the poverty run. I will have to think about it.

Vasilisa the Beautiful was one of many tales from her home that my great grandmother would tell me when I was little. My favorite as it was my grandmother’s, her daughter’s, name and I never met her she died before I was born. Very like Cinderella, vile stepmother and all, except the fairy godmother is a nasty witch.

It always surprises me that no one knows about Baba Yaga, in Slavic folklore she is in soooooo many stories. Creepy, ugly old witch that flys around in her mortar and uses her pestle like a weapon. Lives in a hut that has chicken legs and moves around, which I always thought was funny. Nothing funny about her fence that is made of human bones and posts topped with skulls, I used to have nightmares about that fence, my babushka loved to scare me with the glow that came from the empty eyes at night. Still gives me shivers. I don’t know how to explain Baba Yaga, she is cruel and any favors come at a price, but if you do what she says even though it is never that easy, she will always keep her end of the bargain. I was terrified of her as a child, probably why the stories began way back when. In Vasilisa’s story she is given a task that maybe would be impossible to complete, if she did the witch would help her if she failed the witch would eat her. The doll did the tasks for Vasilisa.
    UnderstandMouseMagicloliengorgonzola