Skip to content

Re-recruiting Dorn

I wanted to do Rasaad's questline, so I dismissed all my evil goons and built up a good/neutral party. (MC, Jahera, Rasaad, Anomen, Neera and Jan). Along the way, we did a few quests that raised our rep to Heroic (17).

Once Rasaad and the Soul Sun monks were done, I attempted to reassemble the Bad Boyz. I grabbed Viconia first, in order to drop my rep to a mere popular. Everyone else then came back into the group ... except for Dorn, who claimed I wasn't serious enough and to come back when I was.

I suspect the Rep of 15 is still too high for his liking; the question is, how low do I have to drop it before he is willing to rejoin? I can fill in his place with Korgan, but with his gear (the stuff from his Quest ... The Visage, the Abyssal blade ... not to mention the fact that I gave him Foebane, the Red Dragon armor and Dragon Shield ... Dorn is actually more useful, so I'd prefer to have him.

Comments

• His dialog file says that he breaks at 18 reputation (like all evil characters) and will be less than amused if you try to recruit him with a reputation greater than 14.
    Borek[Deleted User]
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    edited September 2018
    So he's fussier than the other evil dudes. I guess that goes with being a Blackguard. OK, so a drop of just 1 should do it then. Thanks.
    Bah! According to some posts, you can get a rep drop with a failed pickpocket attempt on a merchant, but this appears to not be the case. I failed 2 attempts, the merchant turned hostile, but no rep drop occurred. Looks like I am going to have to whack some poor unsuspecting dude in a building somewhere.
    Aaaand ... done. Took the -6 rep hit, and donated some cash to bring rep back up to 11. A nice safe value, which allows me some wiggle room in case I whack some civilian in the middle of some street brawl ... which is annoyingly easy to do, btw.

Someone in another forum remarked that it was hard to justify such behavior from an RP standpoint. Not at all! Well, at least in my case. Heh, MC is true neutral. MC is also bipolar and borderline psychotic, switching back and forth between evil and good companion groups and behaving accordingly. Since MC has no problem doing this, one may conclude that the mental strain of being a Child of Bhaal ... and spending an indeterminate amount of time exchanging pleasantries with Irenicus ... has loosened a few psychological screws in the old cranium.
    [Deleted User]
  • Glad everything worked out for you. I usually have Dorn as a party member because I play evil most of the time. Makes it really easy to keep your reputation low when your favourite hobbies are robbing merchants and butchering endless waves of Cowled Wizards and Paladins of The Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, haha!