Skip to content

[Inconsistency/Interface] Exhausting special abilities doesn't grey out quickbar button

IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
edited July 2012 in Fixed
Current behaviour: When exhausting all of a party member's special abilities, the special abilites button on the quickbar isn't greyed out. Clicking the button, subsequently, reveals only an empty menu.

Suggested behaviour: When a character's special abilities have been exhausted, the special abilities button should be greyed out.

Games affected: BG1, BG2, BGEE.
Post edited by Bhryaen on
Bhryaen

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited July 2012
    checking this one now

[EDIT] Potentially fixed - The special ability button will no longer function if there are no abilities available, and is greyed out.

@Igneous - While testing this I was able to use Kivan's Charm Animal ability to charm Imoen. Is that valid?
  • IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
    edited July 2012
    @SethDavis - No, that doesn't sound right at all.

Hm... I can reproduce this, sort of. After creating a new ranger, I tried charming a few random passers-by, as well as Imoen. They are, indeed, subjected to a saving throw, and if they fail they get the portrait icon and sparkly visual effect. But they aren't actually charmed. The spell does work properly on animal targets, though.

Yeah, Charm Animal definitely shouldn't be applying those effects to humans.

[Edit] Oops, sorry, the string feedback (e.g., Kivan- Charm Animal : Imoen) is normal. Happens with all spellcasting.
    SethDavis
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    @Igneous - Thanks
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think in BG2, Charm Animal also works on humans, though I agree that it shouldn't.
    SethDavis
  • IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
    Confirmed fixed. Exhausting all special abilities now greys out the button. Tested with my Kensai's, Ajantis's, Imoen's, and Minsc's special abilities.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Confirmed fixed in Build 0709